DAK Uniform (Afrika Korps)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    and also I dont even see how that statement really has anything to do with me wanting a uniform to go in compliment with a helmet i alredy have.

other than the fact that it was used by the german army who at the time happened to be under control by the most evil regime in the history of mankind...world war 2 is over dude

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    People don't realize that probably less than 5% of the average Wehrmacht grunt was a hardcore, Mein Kampf thumping Nazi. They were just like the average USGI, fighting for what their country and officers told them. They were soldiers, it was their job. Now the Waffen SS, maybe that number was more like 20%-30%, but even still they were more hardcore Germany/Fatherland, than hardcore pro-Hitler. Pretty much the only difference between the German Soldaten and USGI's below the rank of Colonel was their uni's.

Anyway, sweet brain bucket, Pfc! The only artifacts in our family are from the PTO. Except for some distant family who fought for Germany, but facts/info on them has been dificult to track down.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Photo0326.jpg

Dude, Take that flag down and press the creases out of it. I wasn't going to say it but it bugs me everytime I see this thread.

Nice helmet though. Sounds like your grandpa has given you a lot of nice stuff. Good luck with your stint in uniform we all appreciate it.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    Dude, Take that flag down and press the creases out of it. I wasn't going to say it but it bugs me everytime I see this thread.

Nice helmet though. Sounds like your grandpa has given you a lot of nice stuff. Good luck with your stint in uniform we all appreciate it.
    lol yeah...its kinda looking like a grid map..

and thanks
    :)

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I have a Mauser 98k with Waffenampts, and a Japanese Type 99 with the Mum .
    Should I get rid of them because they represent two of the most evil regimes of that era ? Ain't gonna happen . :) History is cool .

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I've got a Nazi mark (penny) that my grandmother gave me that she got from a soldier when she was in the Army. That's about all the nazi stuff I had. I had a japanese flag with blood stains on it, but when I was in Japan I gave it to an organization that returns war artifacts to relatives. It had all the well-wishing from family members and from the steel mill he worked at.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    I've got a Nazi mark (penny) that my grandmother gave me that she got from a soldier when she was in the Army. That's about all the nazi stuff I had. I had a japanese flag with blood stains on it, but when I was in Japan I gave it to an organization that returns war artifacts to relatives. It had all the well-wishing from family members and from the steel mill he worked at.

Pretty cool of you to return the flag to the family (hopefully they are found). I'm sure it'll mean a lot to them.

Art

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Hey Wilson, did you repaint/re-decal the helmet or is that how your grandpa brought it back...I've always admired the Afrika Korps and Rommel especially...that dude was incredible and as fair as he could be in his circumstance. Anyway, I too have collected a bunch of ETO stuff from my parents uncles. When I was in HS I got a W.German tunic and had collar tabs, epaulettes, and badges on it. Wasn't the right color though. Everybody thought it was cool as **** and wore it for a number of Haloween parties years back. Still have it somewhere and know I can't fit in it..::mamoru:

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    hasnt been repainted.

and idk how it came into the family to be honest.

my grandpa passed away over 10 years ago, there's a lot I wish I could have asked him

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    That is why I asked. I have never seen that type of decal on any original helmets....All of the known originals had the Heer eagle and national colors on the other side, as far as Army helmets went. Helmet itself could still be correct. Looks like a M35 or M34.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom