Dan Wesson Service

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsg34

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    I purchased a brand new Dan Wesson 1911A2 Commander last week. I received the pistol on a Thursday and took it to the range on Saturday. After the range, I was breaking the pistol down to re-lube and I noticed that the front sight was so loose that I could easily slide it off with my fingers. I was quite discouraged as this pistol was about $1300 and was billed as being "Hand fitted." I sent an email to Keith at Dan Wesson and he replied this morning to send the slide in in a USPS flat rate box and he would see that it was fixed as soon as possible. I replied that I wanted to be sure I understood that Dan Wesson was not paying the shipping on what is clearly a warranty and quality control issue. Furthermore, I would have to pay insurance because if the slide was lost on the way to Dan Wesson, I'd basically be out a pistol. Keith replied that he was simply stating to put it in a $5.00 box and send it. I've been in law enforcement for 32 years and have had my share of faulty firearms, but every manufacturer until now has bent over backwards to make it right. Especially when the fault was clearly on their end. Dan Wesson should be picking up the shipping both ways on this issue and furthermore should not tell me that insuring the package is not necessary? Your mileage may vary, but I think it's worth informing members. Cudos to the guys at St. Bernard Indoor Shooting Center for making it right on the spot.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    couldn't agree more... that's sad to hear... heck I have even had guns out of warranty have issues, send them a pic and info of what's wrong and they email me a shipping label and fix it for free even out of warranty.... I could only hope he had plans to "make it right" on the return like throw in a free mag or something, like I said I could only hope lol

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Let me tell you about Glock. I have a G19 gen 2 I purchased new back in the early 1990s. So in September 2012 after my house got flooded i was staying in Ponchatoula with some former friends. Friend #1 shoots IPSC pistol matches with a modded G34 and is very good at it. He is a very skilled marksman. So we agree he will do some polishing and tweeking on my G19, and installed a 3.5# aftermarket connector. I was going to shoot my first match with him the following weekend, my newbee match. So gunsmith work done, we go to Nick's Range that Saturday to do some practice shooting and check out the results. Well first clip in my G19, bam, bam, then full auto. Dumped the mag like that! So I cleared weapon and we took a quick look see after removing slide. Seems ok, put it back together, insert a clip with like 6 rounds and "friend" takes aim and full auto. Suddenly we were all the rage and eyes at Nick's....LOL. Imagine that!

RO came down to us, asked was that intentional? Told him the deal, and he said clear it and put it away. No more of my G19 that day. So dejected I got to shoot my buddie's custom G34 or his pretty stock G26. His race gun is bad to the bone! Maybe a clean 2# on the trigger. I double tapped frequently unintentionally with his G34 because my finger was not used to such a light trigger pull.

So let me tell you the good things about this. First my G19 on FA freakin rocked! I still have the same pistol today. Emailed Glock after the fact days later, sent it back to them (Smyrna GA if my memory serves me well) much later ( I was pre-occuppied with restoring my house after flood for months), and about 2 weeks later my G19 is back home and factory fresh and it didn't cost me a dime but the shipping there. Now that is what you call exemplary factory service. We (well really just my ex buddy did) messed it up and they fixed it, no charge.

Ex buddy because he and his wife (I have known her longer, was close) literally threw me out of their house by a phone call at about 0730 24 days in while I was driving to Laplace to work at my house. Thanks V for the lovely graphic f**ked up phone messages and multiple texts that morning, I'll never forget you. So for a couple days i slept and walked in sheet rock dust after dark at my "under construction" house. Then I slept on an air mattress from walmart under my back porch a couple nights too. Believe me, it was a very dark time in my life. Showering and brushing teeth at the faucet/hose outside. And that sheet rock dust is impossible to stop tracking everywhere, like my new car after my Camry got flooded and totaled too. 4 or 5 days later, ex bro in law gave me a place in Hammond to stay for remainder of construction (thanks Richard).

Oh he's a member here too. We don't talk anymore, imagine that. It still f**kin enrages me now. Such nice loving friends. They demanded $3000 dollars from me for staying in their home for 23 nights, after tossing me out. They settled for $300. Still have the cancelled check too. I owe you so much to this very day!

So anyways, Glock firearms rock! And I will be a fan for life. And a G19 FA is mucho fun!

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    now that I think of it this does remind me of a issue I had with a kimber 1911 about 7 years ago. had ftf,fte issues, it was still under warrenty, now with the blessing of youtube it is a simple fix after a 5 min video. well after calling them and explaining the issues and giving them serial numbers and info ect, I was told that I had to mail it to them first class 2day mail which would cost me almost $50 (which was the only mailing option they would accept) and they would inspect it and tell me if and how much It would cost to fix, if I didn't want it fixed by them I would have to pay shipping back at around $35. well needless to say I was pissed, got off the phone and stewed over it for a day and called them back. I asked to speak to there supervisor and after a 10 min propaganda speech from him I got the same results.... So I told him im not trying to black mail you or anything but I will say this, its a simple extractor issue, either you can eat the shipping both ways fix the part at your cost and send it back to me or I will give a nice review on this pistol on youtube and the 4 other very popular gun forums im on... I also said think about it, if I can convince just one person not to buy one of your $1000 guns for a $100 repair that is clearly a factory defect I win, better yet what if I convince 10 people not to buy one, that's $10,000 in lost revenue because of a crappy customer service issue. Well he accepted my offer and sent me a label I shipped it to him they fixed it and sent it back, in the notes on receipt I had a message that said thanks for being a valued kimber customer, and thanks for allowing us to make this right,and we apologize for the misunderstanding along with a couple kimber swag items... description of the fix was " wrong extractor installed at factory"... just a thought

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cherry-Bandit
    Top Bottom