Dara Holster hole spacing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Does anyone have a Dara holster that they could give me the hole spacing. All my gear is Safariland but they won't have a holster for the PDP for a while. The Dara level 2 retention holster looks like an option but I need to figure out if I can drill a QLS fork to fit it

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    There is a PDP holster from Safariland in the works. US Duty Gear currently has something available.

https://waltherarms.com/2021/01/19/walther-pdp-holster-options/

WaltherPDP-Holster-MainImage-B.jpg

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I called Safariland. The lady didn't know about the particular holster but said their new products usually launch in the Fall. My first choice would be an ALS from them. Comp Tac has one but it only has friction retention. May have to go that way while I wait for Safariland

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I called Safariland. The lady didn't know about the particular holster but said their new products usually launch in the Fall. My first choice would be an ALS from them. Comp Tac has one but it only has friction retention. May have to go that way while I wait for Safariland

Are you in need of active retention? If so, US Duty Gear will be your best bet until Safariland releases their holsters. I try not to ask too many questions to their sales reps. They are reading off the fit chart and can't really tell you much about future products that don't exist yet.

ALS is proprietary to Safariland. There will be not equivalent to that available.

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Are you in need of active retention? If so, US Duty Gear will be your best bet until Safariland releases their holsters. I try not to ask too many questions to their sales reps. They are reading off the fit chart and can't really tell you much about future products that don't exist yet.

ALS is proprietary to Safariland. There will be not equivalent to that available.

Thanks Dave. The Dara uses the thumb to defeat the hood so the action is not that different from the ALS. Their holster is about 112 bucks. The US Gear stuff seems way more expensive, especially for a "stand in" while I wait for a $55 Safariland. I will see if Dara will reply to my request for the spacing.

Top Bottom