decided on my new vehicle. 100% impractical

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Well, as some of you may recall, I debated long and hard on a truck but I just couldn't help it. I'm on waiting list for a '15 mustang gt in Guard Grey. My drive to work is really starting to suck and I'm getting more and more impatient by the minute. Will post pics when shes in the garage.

2015-Ford-Mustang-GT-PLACEMENT.jpg

My test drive reviews:

Camaro - pretty quick but poor visibility and just not comfortable for me.
    Challenger- sexy but still 1980's interior. Trunk space was ridiculous- could fit 5 dead hookers in there. I really liked this car...
    3 Series - too much $$ for not enough power. super comfortable
    370z- too small. Need to be able to throw the guitar in the trunk.
    Genesis- the best runner up for power/comfort, just can't stand to look at the thing. +terrible trunk. If I was shopping 4 doors, the sedan might have been a close run.

In the end, the 'stang was the best for me and I can't wait for it to get here already!

Last edited:

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Can't beat them for the money at all. I've often thought of sellling my old iron and getting a new Roush or Shelby to replace it. But, every time I take it out I can't bring myself to do it...pitiful, ain't it?? Everybody that has the new Coyote loves them and easy to tune from what I hear. You are gonna love it I'm sure!!! Definitely put up some pics!!!!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    That's going to look cool with a deer strapped down on the hood. :cheers:

:dogkeke:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Was looking at a 30,000 R/T not a 65,000.00 hellcat

and yes the interior was laughable.

It's the same interior for all of the SRTs, not just the hellcat, that was just the first web result. I assumed the mustang was closer to 40 than 30.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    It's the same interior for all of the SRTs, not just the hellcat, that was just the first web result. I assumed the mustang was closer to 40 than 30.

112_0810_10z%2B2009_dodge_challenger_rt%2Binterior_view.jpg

this interior in a $37,000.00 vehicle is just laughable.

and the stang was $34,320 out the door.

Here's its interior...

2015_ford_mustang_47_1600x1200.jpg

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Who needs practical anyways? I wouldn't trade my GT for anything, nothing like some 'Merica on your daily commute.

I pass people on my way to work every day, and its passing people on my way to work. (4door 4cyl)

In the stang, its an event. From the second that you flick the blinker, there's a grin on your face. Life's too short to pass that up for mpg. I've been driving practical far too long, I've earned some smiles per gallon.

GBMustangGT

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Harahan, La
    I pass people on my way to work every day, and its passing people on my way to work. (4door 4cyl)

In the stang, its an event. From the second that you flick the blinker, there's a grin on your face. Life's too short to pass that up for mpg. I've been driving practical far too long, I've earned some smiles per gallon.

Couldn't have said it better, I "try" to save gas; however, I don't hesitate to pass less-than-average drivers in the left lane with a large smile and a loud roar for them to remember . (Exhaust & Cold-Air only add to the demoralization) :)

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I have a white limited edition (one of 1964) on order. Build date is sept 15th.

I sat in one a couple weeks ago. The pictures do it no justice. No picture captures the back end and true feeling of it's size. The interior is nothing short of incredible.

I can't wait either lol

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I have a white limited edition (one of 1964) on order. Build date is sept 15th.

I sat in one a couple weeks ago. The pictures do it no justice. No picture captures the back end and true feeling of it's size. The interior is nothing short of incredible.

I can't wait either lol

I love my current 11 5.0, and gonna miss the supercharger until I put one on the new one, but should be worth it for the performance pack bigger brakes, irs and all.

I'm only slightly excited.

Top Bottom