Deep South Shooters

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Welcome to our newest site sponsor, Deep South Shooters, located in Baton Rouge, LA.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Which is a gun store or a shooting club or a range or....?

They are a gun store, but I think it's more appropriate for them to tell us more about themselves. I was just helping build the suspense haha!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The second gun store to open in North Baton Rouge in the past year.

DSShooters

Sep 25, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hey y’all,

My name is Phil and I am the GM of Deep South Shooters. I wanted to make an introductory post so everyone could learn a little about us, what we carry, and what they can expect going forward.
    I’d like to start off by thanking everyone at Bayou Shooter who helped us get the forum and sponsorship set up. We’re glad to be part of the community.
    I am an LSU and Tulane graduate. I’ve been involved in the shooting community for a quick minute now. I’ve worked at a few national chains and semi-locally at the St. Bernard Indoor Shooting Center also as GM. So, if you were a customer prior to September of last year we’ve probably met. I left to play Police in Georgia and decided to come back once the opportunity to potentially become part owner came up. Once this gets rolling I intend to get back into Law Enforcement at least on a part time basis.

Alex is the other half of the business and we’ll both be as active on here as time allows. I’ll let him type up his own spiel but you can take a minute in congratulating him as he is expecting his first child this week or as I like to call them mini-meat sacks.

When we came up with the idea for the store we decided on a few things:
    1) We’d only carry things that are of a known quality and that we ourselves would trust. That being said we don’t carry Taurus, RIP ammo, SCCY, Serpa holsters, Diamond Back, Hi-Point, DPMS, Shrubmaster, most 1911’s, or anything from the Springfield XD line. We don’t have any problem ordering one for you if that’s what you want but we will not actively carry them in the store.
    2) We try to avoid the high prices seen in other stores. I try to price everything at MAP or as close to as possible. Other stores may sell stuff for MSRP+ but I don’t think that reflects the reality of the market nor do I think that it’s a good way to treat customers. I was a consumer before I was a store manager after all.
    3) We actively try to carry as much in the way of accessories as possible for the guns we have. This means we tend to avoid things with no aftermarket support. We are set up to carry barrels, triggers, slides, frames, optics, etc. As the store gets rolling this is where most of our focus will go. Basically, for you this means we’ll have a set variety of guns and a larger selection of accessories to go along with them. A notable exception being holsters. We’ll probably carry 2 or 3 holsters for our most popular guns. Beyond that I’ll refer you to a holster maker. With the number of dudes crafting custom holsters it would be way too costly to try and carry them all.
    4) Currently we are focused on self-defense, EDC and DIY type products. Hunting items will be rotated in occasionally but there are plenty of other stores doing that around here. As always if there’s something you want let us know and I’ll order it for you if I am able.
    5) We do have a classroom on site and will host LACHP classes as well as other special events. If you want to rent it we can do that too. We are big on as I like to say, *getting learnt*. As a matter of fact, if you ever take my CHP class I will always lead off with the following line, *Don’t let this be the last or only class you ever take*. As gun owners, I feel it is in our best interest to be as well trained as possible and we want our business model to reflect that.
    6) If you are a first responder, vet, or a teacher let me know. I have a few product lines that are first responder only. We can get you special pricing on those.
    I’m sure that we will add to this in the coming days. We do have a webstore even though our physical location is not open yet, I’ll post once we have a grand opening date. I have a coupon code for forum members. I just ask that it not leave the forum. The code is *bsshooter* all lower case and should be active tonight. You can do in store pickup even though we aren’t technically open yet just give me a call to let us know.

If there is anything that members want a group buy on gimme a shout. It benefits us all in that it helps us meet minimum opening orders, which for a small business can be prohibitive and it helps you get a great deal. Some examples would be: Steiner, Deus Ex Machina, Aero Precision, Blue Force Gear, Vortex Optics, and Gorilla ammo. If the forum wants anything from any of these vendors let us know.

I know this is long winded so thanks if you’ve made it this far. Our contact info is below. Be on the lookout for new product announcements (we have a bunch of polymer 80 Glock frames coming in) , our official grand opening date (there will be food and drinks) and other special events (builders classes, women’s only classes etc) .

Our Facbook
    Our E-com site
    Our Address: 6253 N Foster Drive, Baton Rouge, LA
    Our Phone # 225-330-8367
    And our Email Address- Info@dsshooters.com

Also, our website is still under construction. I should have the kinks worked out by weeks end to include our credit card processing. In the meantime give us a call, currently the business phone forwards to my personal number after a few rings so I’ll be able to help you out further.

Last edited:

DSShooters

Sep 25, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hopefully their security is up to par...

Our security is certainly up to par; especially for the area!

On that note, this is Alex, the brains but not the body behind this operation. I'm also an LSU alumni and currently work full time in the medical field as a clinical laboratory owner. Phil is the real leader of our store and will do most of the posting but feel free to reach out to either of us at anytime! God Bless and Geaux Tigers!

DaSouthernYankee

Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Glad to have you on the forum and I hope y’all are successful. It’s a bit of a drive from Slidell but I’ll try to make my way out there to check out the store.

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

DSShooters

Sep 25, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks! We’d love to have you come check out the store. Let us know if there’s anything you’d like to see us stock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSShooters

Sep 25, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Alright Y'all, I will start having normal business hours on Tuesday 10/10 . We are thinking 1000-1800 Tuesday through Saturday , 1200-1700 Sunday and possibly closed on Monday. How does this sound? We want to make it convenient for you guys as you are the reason we are here.

Top Bottom