DEI coming to an airline near you

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I have two major airline pilots and a recently retired ATC on my street. This isn’t anything new. It’s been happening for a while now. The ATC are aging out in massive numbers because of the strike back in the 80’s. Soon you might see pilots well into their 70’s if they keep raising the age to keep pilots.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Why would you want the best pilot when you could have a diversity pick instead?
    Sad thing now is it’s not only pilots….the corporate world doesn’t necessarily want the absolute best person for any responsible position. They would prefer that person to be one who does satisfactory work to fill a DEI slot to satisfy somebody way up. Pretty messed up.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    This applies to the airplanes too. Remember the Alaska Airlines Boeing 737 door blow out. Look at the subcontractor that built the door plug. I’ve been holding off on posting this because I wasn’t sure if this true. I guess we know now.
    Go Woke, Go Aaaaaahhh!

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    This applies to the airplanes too. Remember the Alaska Airlines Boeing 737 door blow out. Look at the subcontractor that built the door plug. I’ve been holding off on posting this because I wasn’t sure if this true. I guess we know now.
    Go Woke, Go Aaaaaahhh!

Ummmm, anything she tells me, I'm going to assume is true ....

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    “Targeted disabilities are those disabilities that the Federal government, as a matter of policy, has identified for special emphasis in recruitment and hiring,” the FAA’s website states. “They include hearing, vision, missing extremities, partial paralysis, complete paralysis, epilepsy, severe intellectual disability, psychiatric disability and dwarfism.”

Looking forward to watching a baggage handler with complete paralysis next time I go to the airport.

An ATC with "severe intellectual disability" would be quite the sight as well.

Deaf and blind people at the help desk would be "helpful"...

The metal detector wand person with epilepsy would be handy, i mean, more handy that the same person with missing extremities...

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Go Woke, Go Aaaaaahhh!
    It was on the CBS national news 2 days ago, the bolts were missing. Never installed, Boeing has acknowledged this. Imagine if this event had occurred at 30,000 ft instead.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    United is apparently shooting for 50% female/people of color from here on in for their training program.

Yeah I won't be flying United Airlines going forward. From Popeyes Fried Chicken or BK to piloting at 737. No thanks. Smoke a blunt on the way to the airport.

Top Bottom