delete

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm just saying...begging for money with one hand while frivolously spending with the other (almost $2000 in the last month) is shameful and tacky. All things considered I'd say everyone is being pretty gentle, but your replies sure are coming off as sarcastic and smarmy so I doubt that will last.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm just saying...begging for money with one hand while frivolously spending with the other (almost $2000 in the last month) is shameful and tacky. All things considered I'd say everyone is being pretty gentle, but your replies sure are coming off as sarcastic and smarmy so I doubt that will last.

Sorry Shooter7; I tried! :mamoru:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I believe the problem people are having is that he didnt own up until confronted..its like the foot pursuit when the guy says "i give up" after you catch him. I have been in his situation and had to sell almost every gun i owned and a vehicle just to make sure i could pay bills and take care of my family.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I will most likely sell my CORE 9mm for what I got in it when it returns from the shop. It is at the S&W factory right now, but just to let you know. Don't know how long it will be there, or when I will get it back. Hoping to go back to work next week, and try to prevent alot of selling to the bare point, but I will be at 2 different doctor's mercy, God willing, they will sign off on me finally.

That's not how it works Sparky. You sell whatever you can for what you can get. Your in no position to bargain. It's one of the problems with reckless spending you rarely if Ever get made whole via liquidation. All you have done is apologize for getting caught. You'd still have your hand out if you hadn't been called on it. You getting all indignant is just gonna
    Eat at the folks who right now are handling with kid gloves.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I am not spending anymore, I am not being a smartass, I am not trying to come across this way. Speedracer, you seem like a hard individual and I respect that, but when I was spending, I was not asking for anything. I said this was a decision made last night which was quite shameful to even ask. I have learned alot about myself the past 6 months and alot about shame. I mean no insult to you or anyone else. Sorry if it came across that way. The statement about acceptability is an honest statement that everyone should live by, not just me saying it. Again, i have never been a credit card spender much of all, but i applied and got some and thought, wow, I can just use these and buy what i want, it won't be that much, but it kept going and going. I said lesson learned and last night when going over bills, I realized how stupid I had been by putting , not just me, but most of all my wife and kids. I have been maybe a little defensive in some replies, but never trying to be a smartass, just mad at myself.

You're right, you're a changed man, you saw the err of your ways and decided to handle up, sell all of your **** you foolishly bought, and be a better man.

But I see no classified adds.

Also, the concept of getting yourself in financial troubles by buying a bunch of guns then asking for money because you and your wife are sick(not because you wasted money) is disgusting to me on a deep level.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    So no guns or ammo besides the CORE? Is $500-600 the 'make or break' for you where the CORE alone will be all you have to sell to 'make it' ?

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Just be happy I decided to keep my mouth shut when I saw the thread last night. What you're experiencing now is the gentle touch. If you're in need of money start listing stuff now before prices fall much more. You're losing value by the day.

I was waiting on you!

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I was waiting on you!

I decided that I didn't want to be the one to point this out last night, I would've been much more direct and nasty, and I'm glad that wasn't how this started. VG is much more professional than I am, he took a much higher road.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I am not spending anymore, I am not being a smartass, I am not trying to come across this way. Speedracer, you seem like a hard individual and I respect that, but when I was spending, I was not asking for anything. I said this was a decision made last night which was quite shameful to even ask. I have learned alot about myself the past 6 months and alot about shame. I mean no insult to you or anyone else. Sorry if it came across that way. The statement about acceptability is an honest statement that everyone should live by, not just me saying it. Again, i have never been a credit card spender much of all, but i applied and got some and thought, wow, I can just use these and buy what i want, it won't be that much, but it kept going and going. I said lesson learned and last night when going over bills, I realized how stupid I had been by putting , not just me, but most of all my wife and kids. I have been maybe a little defensive in some replies, but never trying to be a smartass, just mad at myself.

You made horrible choices in buying stuff you couldnt afford and then try to get others to pay for it. I have a problem with someone spending the families money on personal items that are not necessities and then trying to get their money back by asking for donations.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom