*delete*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    In order to license a trailer (I do boat trailers everyday) you need a "Manufacturers statement of origin", a 1799 DMV form, and a notarized bill of sale, sales tax from buyers home parish and state sales tax collected and identified on the 1799 form. Then it is a matter of walking into the DMV office waiting in line and walking out with a license as simple as that(the title comes in the mail a few weeks later). I'm not sure where the difficulty lies other than the builder and whoever is supposed to be getting the license is jacking you around.

Last edited:

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Who issued you a temp tag? Last I heard, that idiot wasnt even a legit business, much less able to issue tags. I am guessing he gave you a receipt and told you is was good for 90 days or something? (yes, I have heard it too)
    What paperwork did he give you? If he gave you receipts for materials, you have to take the trailer and all receipts to state troopers to be inspected, then take the paperwork they give you to the dmv to have a title created and pick up your tag at the same time at the dmv, title will come about a week later in the mail.
    If he is somehow issuing a certificate of orgin (which he told me he could do, but then said he couldnt) you take the certificate or orgin to the dmv and they create a title and mail it to you, get tag while at dmv.
    Oh, and my buddy FINALLY got his money back for the trailer he had to sue the dumbass over- less than a month ago! Thats right, a year with money out of pocket , a late delivered useless trailer that lost a wheel on the highway more than once and ate up the tires all in less than 1000 miles (can you say poorly made homemade axles), he never got any paperwork, builder refused to repair trailer properly saying there was nothing wrong with it. Went to court and won and it still took him months to get his money back.
    Just go ahead and say it so we can post this guys name up before anyone else gets duped by him!!!!

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Did he collect sales tax on the trailer? If you have the MSO, that may be a problem, whoever is doing the registration needs to be in possesion of the notarized MSO in order to turn it along with a 1799 form, into a tag and title.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    You are in for a long road of excuses, guaranteed. See above by mytfal, that is spot on.
    Guessing you picked it up from his house so you already know where he lives? If not, I can tell you.
    I liked the trailer he built for me, other than his homemade axle I didnt really trust. I did not like dealing with him, his lies and excuses and extra 3 months to get the paperwork required for the trailer= very unprofessional. Buy a trailer from any other seller and you get the paperwork needed when you pick it up, that is how it normally works.
    My buddy's trailer was a horror story that was poorly built and took more than 1 court date and a year to get his money back for a POS trailer that was not roadworthy.
    Note- check your lugnuts regularly!!!!!!!

I hope you like yours and everything works out, but to all others be warned- the $$ you may save is not worth the headaches and builder not delivering or standing behind what you buy. Steer waaaay clear of this guy.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    You are in for a long road of excuses, guaranteed. See above by mytfal, that is spot on.
    Guessing you picked it up from his house so you already know where he lives? If not, I can tell you.
    I liked the trailer he built for me, other than his homemade axle I didnt really trust. I did not like dealing with him, his lies and excuses and extra 3 months to get the paperwork required for the trailer= very unprofessional. Buy a trailer from any other seller and you get the paperwork needed when you pick it up, that is how it normally works.
    My buddy's trailer was a horror story that was poorly built and took more than 1 court date and a year to get his money back for a POS trailer that was not roadworthy.
    Note- check your lugnuts regularly!!!!!!!

I hope you like yours and everything works out, but to all others be warned- the $$ you may save is not worth the headaches and builder not delivering or standing behind what you buy. Steer waaaay clear of this guy.

Good sh*t ain't cheap. Cheap sh*t ain't good. Old wise proverb. ;)

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    I have a friend in the area who had the same issue with the same guy. Small claims court solved my friend's issues after about 6 mos.

Charles, I love that saying and use it frequently with my customers. LOL

Top Bottom