Democrats confiscating 401's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    great, take whats left in my poor 401k that I somehow manage to put 13% into and give it to people that have never paid anything in!! Force me to work until I am 70, draw ss for a year or 2 and die with no cash to leave to my heirs!
    Fuggin democrats!

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    They ought to know that it will bust the banks to do this. Once this is announced to take effect, I and millions of others around the country will take the tax hit and cash out the plan. I don't believe the banks are liquid enough to handle this kind of money being withdrawn.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I was watching fox news this morning and they were talking about Pelosi pushing for another stimulus plan. While the big three auto makers were lobbying for bailout money. Maybe that is their game plan, give to big corporations and take from the little guy.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    God I love democraps I wish we could clone obama and make him the vp also.:mad:

That would be a good thing, as I've said before if Obie left office tomorrow Biden would take over. IMHO he's worse. Well, maybe not because all the love so many pie-eyed half-wits have for Obie would possibly turn into hate toward Biden. Interesting thought...

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    If that goes thru I would cancel my 401K and draw the money out... **** on it..
    This is bull ****...

Rep. George Miller, D-Calif., chairman of the House Committee on Education and Labor, in prepared remarks for the hearing on “The Impact of the Financial Crisis on Workers’ Retirement Security,” blamed Wall Street for the financial crisis and said his committee will “strengthen and protect Americans’ 401(k)s, pensions, and other retirement plans” and the “Democratic Congress will continue to conduct this much-needed oversight on behalf of the American people.”

There is no way I am going to let the government handle my money .. They do a **** job of handleing their own... (Which is mine already..)

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'd like to hear how its legal to take money from the managers. I promise you they won't give up their source of income easily... Not to mention when they pull that money they'll have to sell all of those stocks. That would instantly crash the market. It CAN'T be done...

Trent2

Ole Dead Eye
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Oscar, LA
    So, who says you can cash out. Maybe the gov will just seize it.
    Look how they handled the SS system.
    Taking the 401k's and giving to everyone else sounds about like there style.
    I think the change Obama was talking about was the change left in your pocket or the changing of your drawers when he's finished with us. :D
    Don't you just love a Dumb-A-Crap?

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a bad feeling in my gut that someday the money I have put into my Roth IRA will end up being taxed.

:( You know it was taxed going in already. That was one of the reason I have ROTH over traditional, plus I can sit on it longer if needed.

If they add an additional tax to draw, esp after it was being taxed prior to going in I will be very sad. :( I can see how this can happen though.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well thats what I meant. The money we put into Roth's is post tax, hence it has been taxed already. What I'm worried about is some sort of capital gains tax imposed on our Roth's.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Yow, but the Pelosi stimulus plan will not contain anything for those of us who, against all odds, have not become delinquent on our mortgages and are not on unemployment or food stamps.

A prime example of taking from those with and giving to those who don't have because of their laziness and "you owe me" attuitude.

Top Bottom