Derek Chauvin Guilty on All 3 Counts.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Former Minneapolis Police Department officer Derek Chauvin has been found guilty of all three counts, including unintentional second degree murder, third degree murder and second degree manslaughter in the death of George Floyd.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    That is messed up! While I dont agree with what he did, I think his actions was stupid on his part. I dont think he is guilty of causing floyd's death. How can he be sentenced on three different charges? I see an appeal comming!

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    I dont think he is guilty of causing floyd's death. How can he be sentenced on three different charges? I see an appeal comming!

I was wondering about the 3 counts as well. My best guess was that he meets (per the jury) the criteria for all 3 crimes but can only really be sentenced for the worst of the three and the other two were there to avoid having 3 separate trials.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

I have no opinion of what happened and have not followed much of that.

What I do know is that there will be riots regardless of the outcome. I also know that people burned down cities and destroyed businesses unrelated to the incident.

So as much as you may be pleased with the outcome of the trial, it's not "good."

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    When you make wrong doers heroes and good people demons you will have society fail.

The police have been demonized and called every name under the sun, and yet showed up for work every day to be targets to people that don't deserve to be called human. They've had targets on their backs for years and have to leave their families to protect ours, and we ask them to give us protection and peace 24 hours 7 days.

What do you tell these men and women behind the badge to step up every day and come to work handling all of society's ugliness?

Especially now, when after all training and all procedure will end up making you a criminal in the right camera angle.

If all LE stayed home tomorrow, all of these cop haters would lose everything. Home, neighborhood, local business, economy. And they'd deserve it.

Watching these Sharpton types stoking the fire makes me lose faith in mankind.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I figured guilty of manslaughter but not all 3.

That's what I was thinking as well. I'm not sure how the prosecution established intent, which is a key component of the 2nd degree murder charge.

That being said, I didn't listen to pretty much any of the trial. We have a justice system for a reason and a jury of his peers found the evidence sufficient to convict him of murder. While I might not necessarily agree with the charges, I do stand behind out justice system.

As for my personal opinion, for what it's worth, I think Chauvin messed up and his actions either directly or indirectly caused a guy to die. He had no reason to be kneeling on Floyd's neck once he was cuffed and was likely being a jerk representative of the "rotten apple" out of every group.

Both Chauvin and Floyd made bad decisions that day.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Really, why? Are you anti LEO? Just curious. floyd as viewed in many videos was stating "I cant breath". If he could not breath, there is in no way medically possible for him to be speaking!

There is a difference between supporting the justice system and being anti-LEO.

I am very pro-LEO and am also very pro-justice system.

Chauvin made a really stupid decision that was in direct violation of his department's policy. He absolutely knew better and shouldn't have done what he did.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    There is a difference between supporting the justice system and being anti-LEO.

I am very pro-LEO and am also very pro-justice system.

Chauvin made a really stupid decision that was in direct violation of his department's policy. He absolutely knew better and shouldn't have done what he did.

Oh, I definitely agree that he made a very stupid decision. I was just asking why the poster felt that the verdict was "good" in his opinion. I did not mean to step on any toes what so ever. I was just asking for his opinion of why he felt "good" about the verdict.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That's what I was thinking as well. I'm not sure how the prosecution established intent, which is a key component of the 2nd degree murder charge.

That being said, I didn't listen to pretty much any of the trial. We have a justice system for a reason and a jury of his peers found the evidence sufficient to convict him of murder. While I might not necessarily agree with the charges, I do stand behind out justice system.

As for my personal opinion, for what it's worth, I think Chauvin messed up and his actions either directly or indirectly caused a guy to die. He had no reason to be kneeling on Floyd's neck once he was cuffed and was likely being a jerk representative of the "rotten apple" out of every group.

Both Chauvin and Floyd made bad decisions that day.

The prosecution didn’t establish intent. They really didn’t establish much. I’d bet some people voted guilty because they had decided that before the trial, some because they were afraid of the repercussions against the city and against their family, and some may have actually believed he was guilty.

The verdict will be appealed and it wouldn’t surprise me if the verdict is vacated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The prosecution didn’t establish intent. They really didn’t establish much. I’d bet some people voted guilty because they had decided that before the trial, some because they were afraid of the repercussions against the city and against their family, and some may have actually believed he was guilty.

The verdict will be appealed and it wouldn’t surprise me if the verdict is vacated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely a possibility.

I just wonder how quickly it will come out that some of the jurors were watching the news or what not.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Though I agree Floyd was not a good person, and that his own personal health contributed in his death (high blood pressure, blocked arteries, covid, fatal levels of drugs in his system) Chauvin wasn't 100% responsible for his outcome, but things could of been done differently.

As far as the verdict, he was sentenced well before the trial even started, with threats from BLM, media coverage condemning him, political representatives calling for his guilty sentence etc. The city giving his family 40 million dollars doesn't help the situation, well before any trial was set. That sets the precedent that they did something wrong, without even trying the person to see if they did do wrong.

Riverc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Torbert,La.
    Thought he would be found guilty of manslaughter.I didn't keep up or watch any of it.But did see what happened and i just don't see murder.Didn't have to be that way but if Chavin wouldn't have done nothing Floyd was a dead man from a drug overdose.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Retired JPSO Sheriff Newll Normand explained on his radio show today, hours before the verdict, that a defendant can be found guilty of all 3 of those charges under Minnesota state law. With that in mind, an appeal is not likely on those grounds.

On the other hand, miss big mouth Maxine Waters seems to forget what state she lives in and represents while she tries to tamper with the jury and incite a riot.

Anyone who has ever worked in a hospital(myself included) knows that when a person yells out that they can’t breathe, it means that they are actually having trouble breathing and simply don’t have the time to explain that. It is best to make sure that the persons airway is wide open, instead of leaving the airway obstructed. An EMT trained Firefighter tried to help, but was prevented from doing so by one of the officers on scene. The Firefighter will be back to testify at the next trial.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom