Derek Chauvin Guilty on All 3 Counts.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    The prosecution didn’t establish intent. They really didn’t establish much. I’d bet some people voted guilty because they had decided that before the trial, some because they were afraid of the repercussions against the city and against their family, and some may have actually believed he was guilty.

The verdict will be appealed and it wouldn’t surprise me if the verdict is vacated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. Wondering if Waters’ comments can be used on appeal to at a minimum get a mistrial? Time will tell.

Jury should have been sequestered for this trial. Crazy that they weren’t.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Anyone who has ever worked in a hospital(myself included) knows that when a person yells out that they can’t breathe, it means that they are actually having trouble breathing and simply don’t have the time to explain that. It is best to make sure that the persons airway is wide open, instead of leaving the airway obstructed. An EMT trained Firefighter tried to help, but was prevented from doing so by one of the officers on scene. The Firefighter will be back to testify at the next trial.
    You sir are correct. I’ve heard people rebut the person complaining more than once when they exclaim they can’t breathe. It’s apparently a fairly common thing for someone to say you can talk, you can breathe. A person knows when they’re about to be breathless and often will speak up before they can’t. The person who ignores the pleas should be held accountable if they’re going to deny anyone the ability to breathe. Especially if the breathless person is already subdued.
    As for this case, I don’t agree by any stretch that a murder rap fits the bill, but had the officer simply refrained from the overkill knee on the neck and at least shown any attempt at getting the overdose victim the help he needed he wouldn’t be where he’s at now. I’m pretty sure he has long pondered the mistakes he made that day. It was the hundred pounds that he silently maintained on Floyd’s neck when there was no longer any need for it that ultimately rendered the verdict. The guy had ample time to think about what he was doing. I’m pretty sure a good cop doesn’t want to work with anyone like that.
    The real problem here is the mob rules effect. As others have said, if a group of people, no matter how large, can influence a murder trial verdict, then we are no better off than the Wild West days of lynch mobs and horse thieves. When the right people discover and correct what got us to this point we can see a change. Until then it’s gonna be a bumpy ride.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Anyone who has ever worked in a hospital(myself included) knows that when a person yells out that they can’t breathe, it means that they are actually having trouble breathing and simply don’t have the time to explain that. It is best to make sure that the persons airway is wide open, instead of leaving the airway obstructed. An EMT trained Firefighter tried to help, but was prevented from doing so by one of the officers on scene. The Firefighter will be back to testify at the next trial.

From the start of the incident, well before he was laying on the ground, Floyd was complaining he couldn’t breath. How were the police to know when Floyd was no longer crying wolf and was really having trouble breathing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Uhhh do what....

"some of the comments lol"

Thank you for being a pawn for me to use to get more power

Thank you for elevating my corruption, I'm such a skank for using someone's life for politocal gain. They don't get any dirtier than me.

Some of you may die, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb-8cOjkFO4

This true definition of a c*nt; may be and most likely is, the most reprehensible excuse for a so-called female political leader in the history of this country! I would be willing to bet the temperature of her blood has never been above 80 degrees. And that is after basking on a rock all day in the sun. It would not be overly surprising to me to find out one day she drinks blood!

The things she says, and the actions she displays are treasonous!

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    I just keep hearing the same 3 words screamed inside my head...

‘CIRCUS SIDE SHOW’

Thank god for you George Floyd for ingesting all of those drugs before they did any harm in the community. Thank god for you George Floyd for bringing awareness of counterfeit money to the community. Thank god for you George Floyd, in the blink of an eye you have now become a "good citizen" and all of your previous criminal behavior is now absolved. Now, because of you we can move forward and do whatever we want in the name of progress!

Hey! I guess we have to look for the good in every person.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    Waiting for a trumpet to sound.

Waiting to hear a department say " Stand down and stand by!"

We have heard that command given in this country's history.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    That's what I was thinking as well. I'm not sure how the prosecution established intent, which is a key component of the 2nd degree murder charge.

That being said, I didn't listen to pretty much any of the trial. We have a justice system for a reason and a jury of his peers found the evidence sufficient to convict him of murder. While I might not necessarily agree with the charges, I do stand behind out justice system.

As for my personal opinion, for what it's worth, I think Chauvin messed up and his actions either directly or indirectly caused a guy to die. He had no reason to be kneeling on Floyd's neck once he was cuffed and was likely being a jerk representative of the "rotten apple" out of every group.

Both Chauvin and Floyd made bad decisions that day.

It’s 2nd degree UNINTENTIONAL murder. Which means causing death while committing a felony. In this case they say 3rd felony assault by kneeling on his neck as long as he did. So no need to prove intent.
    This is what I’ve read anyways. Sounded strange to me. Not sure if the laws are the same here

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Wonder what kind of sentence the judge will dish out?
    In the last case I remember a drunk/high off duty cop stumbled into the wrong apartment and killed a man eating ice cream. I think they found her guilty of involuntary manslaughter? I’m probably wrong there, but a 6 year prison sentence, speculation was she’d be out in 2. But that was totally the guy’s fault for not locking his door, right? So this cop was on duty, 2nd degree unintentional murder, perp was loaded, packing drugs, what was he doing, robbing a store or something? Can’t remember, anyway, I’m guessing 10 years. Just a round figure off the wall guess. I got no idea how I came by that number. I’m guessing there’s no qualified immunity in that state? What about turning in his badge for reduced time? Could that work here? Or too late?
    Whatever prison he goes to will definitely have to keep him away from the population. He’ll have his own private cell. No way he’d survive general population. I bet there’s a line out the back door of guys who wanna put a knee on this dude. Can y’all imagine if George Zimmerman had gone to prison? How long would he have stayed alive I wonder...
    Yeah, I’m thinking this guy is toast.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    In the last case I remember a drunk/high off duty cop stumbled into the wrong apartment and killed a man eating ice cream. I think they found her guilty of involuntary manslaughter? I’m probably wrong there, but a 6 year prison sentence, speculation was she’d be out in 2. But that was totally the guy’s fault for not locking his door, right? So this cop was on duty, 2nd degree unintentional murder, perp was loaded, packing drugs, what was he doing, robbing a store or something? Can’t remember, anyway, I’m guessing 10 years. Just a round figure off the wall guess. I got no idea how I came by that number. I’m guessing there’s no qualified immunity in that state? What about turning in his badge for reduced time? Could that work here? Or too late?
    Whatever prison he goes to will definitely have to keep him away from the population. He’ll have his own private cell. No way he’d survive general population. I bet there’s a line out the back door of guys who wanna put a knee on this dude. Can y’all imagine if George Zimmerman had gone to prison? How long would he have stayed alive I wonder...

From what I have seen on the news, he is in solitary confinement with his own private cell for the time being.

Yetimaltz

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2019
    Metairie
    Entire world knows George Floyd’s name yet people in Dallas aren’t even aware of who Tony Timpa was...

His family didn’t receive $27 million

All 3 officers involved had charges dropped...

Cops had him pinned on the ground for 15 minutes as well...

what a lopsided world we live in indeed...

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Different states have minimum and max . I read the Democrats are pushing for the maximum to be increased in this case and want the judge to send him up for the max . Don't know what it is in La. now but back in the 80s it was life with out parole in La. I know this for a fact because I know someone who killed a drug dealer who came to kill him because he falsely believed he had stolen some shrooms . The prosecutor said since drugs were involved they were involved in a felony so it was 2 ond degree murder. The fact he didn't steal the shrooms and had not been involved didn't matter to the prosecutor or Jury . From what I hear hard drugs are easier to get in Baton Rouge than they are in Angola and the crazies on bath soaps are more dangerous than the lifer's in Angola. I have been to both and found neither to be a plesent place to be .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Riverc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Torbert,La.
    Nope, I was on the outside of the bars for observation and training as a correctional officer. But thanks for your insight on something you most likely dont have a clue on! ;)

Really you don't know nothing about me how would you know what i have a clue on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom