Derek Chauvin Sentence.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    It really blows my mind that anyone comes to the conclusion that Chauvin is innocent and should be free. It's quite obvious that he basically denied needed medical care which resulted in death.

I wonder if it's just blind ideology or lack of human compassion.

It's this type of attitude which will result in every conservative being placed on the wrong side of history when you can't even look at the obvious and say "yeah, that's messed up."

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Can't say I give much thought to dead career criminals and junkies.

I feel the same way about those kinds of people, but it is still unlawful to kill or mistreat any citizen. Neither one of us wrote those laws, but we are bound by them. The law applies to everyone or we have a special class of people who are who are above the law.
    I don’t feel sorry for dead criminals or drug addicts either. I also don’t feel sorry for bad cops who go to jail. It is bad enough that good cops work in constant fear of disciplinary action for stupid things.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    It really blows my mind that anyone comes to the conclusion that Chauvin is innocent and should be free. It's quite obvious that he basically denied needed medical care which resulted in death.

I wonder if it's just blind ideology or lack of human compassion.

It's this type of attitude which will result in every conservative being placed on the wrong side of history when you can't even look at the obvious and say "yeah, that's messed up."
    How did he deny medical attention ? He was waiting for the emt s to show up . They took longer than usual . Had the punk not resisted he would have gotten medical attention a lot sooner. Had he not been running around spreading the coronavirus and counterfeit money he could have driven himself to get medical attention .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Had Floyd not ingested Meth and Fentanyl he may have well survived his ordeal. Seriously.

What Chauvin was guilty of was unnecessarily punative force.

Floyd *ASKED* to be removed from the back of the cruiser as he was having “difficulty breathing.”

The Tatum Report (YouTube) provided that video.

Why would you place your shin on his neck (mostly on his back, I think)? There was no pressing need.

Murder?

Hell no!

Involuntary manslaughter?

Hell no!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I'm definitely not one to blindly support the cops. I have known several bad apples over the years who were worse than most of the criminals they arrested . This cop may have been a jerk or even outlaw I don't know . That said for it to be second degree murder he would have had to be commiting a felony when the punk accidentally died . Some said he should have put him in the car , really did they watch the videos of him resisting ? Hind sight is 20/20 and maybe he should have set him up and if he had known it would have taken so long before the EMT s got there he probably would have . Are there better ways to hold someone down ? Definitely . If you are in a hostile neighborhood and may be attacked by wild animals any second you stay upright and attentive and your backup do the same . That is what I saw the officers doing . The answer is simple police need to stay away from bad areas and let them deal with their own problems for a while .

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    How did he deny medical attention ? He was waiting for the emt s to show up . They took longer than usual . Had the punk not resisted he would have gotten medical attention a lot sooner. Had he not been running around spreading the coronavirus and counterfeit money he could have driven himself to get medical attention .

Watch the vid, read a timeline, they didn't call for an ambulance until a couple of minutes before he went unconscious..... he said he couldn't breathe some 16 times before that. They didn't follow department protocol to provide medical until emts arrived, just knee in the back.

I generally really support police, but just like anyone else, you have good, mediocre and bad. At minimum, Chauvin's indifference at the time, showed he wasn't a good LEO.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom