Did The Colonel Really Just Say That?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    When I found out that AR stood for Armalite, I stopped calling my rifles "AR's". Why? Because it is not accurate names for those rifles. That is a trademark name, which makes it worse. It's like calling any cola soda a "Coke." Is it incorrectly done all the time? Sure! It is still incorrect.

As the American lexicon gets further watered down to make it easier for lazy people to speak; so goes the accurate use of the language.

If the irony is lost on the fact that the chief officer for the biggest police force in the state is incorrectly detailing the parts of the firearm used to commit an unlawful act, then I suppose if he refers to the blade of a knife as the "sharp part" that will be ok too. :doh:

How about if doctors start referring to your heart as the "blood pumping thing-a-ma-jig?" Scientist start calling "Heavy water" from a nuclear reactor, the "green liquid from the Simpson's cartoon?"

What do you call your "ARs"? Semiautomatic rifle? Sporting rifle? 223? or by the model name the manufacturer gives? i.e.: xm-15? I guess the latter would be the most correct.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What do you call your "ARs"? Semiautomatic rifle? Sporting rifle? 223? or by the model name the manufacturer gives? i.e.: xm-15? I guess the latter would be the most correct.

If you must know, I call them by their actual names: Sig 556 or the Sig Patrol Rifle, or Ruger 556, or C.O.R.E 223; as a few examples. I bought them by their brand! I didn't go to a gun store and ask to see SIG AR's! That is not only incorrect but is ignorant! When I am going shooting and my kid asks me which rifles we are going to bring, I tell him by name. If he is actually in the safe pulling the guns and I just say, "Grab the "AR"" that to me, would be silly!

Look at how easily the media distorts the truth and labeling about guns; if you want that to continue, or heaven forbid, get worse; keep referring to them incorrectly yourself!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Another high ranking officer mischaracterizes guns on news.

This morning on WBRZ's Tune In, General Russell Honoree' followed the path of people that don't take the time to properly explain the types of guns that are being misused illegally by referring to military "looking" rifles as "Assault Rifles!" Oh General! Have an political agenda or political aspiration much?

And this guy was IN the Army! :doh:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Another high ranking officer mischaracterizes guns on news.

This morning on WBRZ's Tune In, General Russell Honoree' followed the path of people that don't take the time to properly explain the types of guns that are being misused illegally by referring to military "looking" rifles as "Assault Rifles!" Oh General! Have an political agenda or political aspiration much?

And this guy was IN the Army! :doh:

I think he wants to be somebody

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    This is one of his statements about "Not being smart enough".

Honore said he doesn't know what steps government should take tighten controls on carrying guns — "I'm not smart enough for that," he said

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Ask yourselves this question when you hear these types of statements and ramblings from so-called leaders/experts/advocates/organizers/politicians/etc.

Why do these calls for "Gun Control" always seem to come almost primarily from the left or democrats?

When you do, you'll then ask yourself;

What is it that makes this issue an obsession for them?

Do you think it is as simple as democrats care more about people's safety? Yeah, Right! Try to apply that care and sincerity to their zealous defense of pro-abortion (even barbaric late term), issues.

Why are they all mostly lockstep with disarming or hindering access to legal firearms for law abiding Americans?

Top Bottom