Did you watch the Republican Debate last night, Tucker & Trump, or Neither?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did you watch the Republican Debate last night, Tucker & Trump, or Neither?

• Republican Debate

Votes: 1 3.7%
    • Tucker & Trump

Votes: 8 29.6%
    • Watched both

Votes: 1 3.7%
    • Meh

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I did not watch either

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Found this video clip.
    Supposed to be Vivek in college days but he's just singing along with Eminem.

No Libertarian lyrics, nothing original.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    This should help to understand why I say THEY are all on the same team. Regardless of what any of them say, it's all just a distraction, a show, to make us feel represented and to uphold the division. In the end, none of the truly important matters will change - the train keeps a rollin' in the same general authoritarian direction.
    a501506114b9c2386d34bb3830dc0e24.jpg

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    First he said the "soros money" claim is a lie, then turns around and said he would've been a fool to turn the money down at 24 years old.

Vivek just lost me.
    I've been spreading this word all over youtube.
    Many people support Vivek, and up until tonight, I was kind of one of them.
    Apparently few are not "bought and paid for".

I think people are saying a hard NO to Vivek because he is incredibly promising. He is a patriot, adheres to the Constitution, defeats the liberal media when they try to catch him by taking what he says out of context again and again, has actual plans on how to accomplish his stated goals, and is smart. At first glance, he seems almost perfect. The left can’t call him racist because he is brown.

Then we hear news that is disconcerting. We find out he is not perfect and is a normal human. And it is crushing. It hurts. Makes us want to be all for him or discard him entirely.

He says he wants to continue Trump’s America first and says he and trump are friends. Speaking of Trump and considering what negative things we know of Vivek, Vivek absolutely has a stronger moral code than Trump.

The scholarship that he won is for the children of migrants. I don’t know if he made money off of the altstimir drug. That drug failed. He learned from mistakes and his company made successful drugs later that built his company up. The fellows of the scholarship made contacts (each other) - remember this is graduate school.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    Why are the liberal media and fox news trying to make Vivek look bad? My theory is he is an outsider who cannot be controlled or influenced by money as in super pacs. I think big media companies and super pacs have a relationship of some sort. I would like to hear thoughts about this theory. (The media / super pac theort)

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Why are the liberal media and fox news trying to make Vivek look bad? My theory is he is an outsider who cannot be controlled or influenced by money as in super pacs. I think big media companies and super pacs have a relationship of some sort. I would like to hear thoughts about this theory. (The media / super pac theort)
    How is he an outsider? Because he has not held official office before? Do you not believe that he has been rubbing shoulders with all the "insiders" for quite some time?
    Same with Trump. Trump is not an "outsider", neither is Vivek.

A true "outsider" would be a normal, average person, that truly wants to tear down their playhouse, not redecorate it.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    How is he an outsider? Because he has not held official office before? Do you not believe that he has been rubbing shoulders with all the "insiders" for quite some time?
    Same with Trump. Trump is not an "outsider", neither is Vivek.

A true "outsider" would be a normal, average person, that truly wants to tear down their playhouse, not redecorate it.
    You make a good point. Can an average decent man who makes 45,000 a year become president?

I am sure as you said he has connected to powerful people. However, i think he does not owe anyone and is therefore not controlled. My main point is that he is not part of the system. Of course he has talked to or even dealt with people in the system.

I think to get a good idea where he is coming from is to look at his two published books. And then check into how people donate to his campaign. I think - am pretty sure- there is a donation limit

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I think people are saying a hard NO to Vivek because he is incredibly promising. He is a patriot, adheres to the Constitution, defeats the liberal media when they try to catch him by taking what he says out of context again and again, has actual plans on how to accomplish his stated goals, and is smart. At first glance, he seems almost perfect. The left can’t call him racist because he is brown.

Then we hear news that is disconcerting. We find out he is not perfect and is a normal human. And it is crushing. It hurts. Makes us want to be all for him or discard him entirely.

He says he wants to continue Trump’s America first and says he and trump are friends. Speaking of Trump and considering what negative things we know of Vivek, Vivek absolutely has a stronger moral code than Trump.

The scholarship that he won is for the children of migrants. I don’t know if he made money off of the altstimir drug. That drug failed. He learned from mistakes and his company made successful drugs later that built his company up. The fellows of the scholarship made contacts (each other) - remember this is graduate school.
    I've been thinking about all this off and on.
    There is a large part of me that would rather see Vivek get elected instead of Trump, even with the topics covered in this thread.

I've been chewing on the details and I can look passed them, "accept" them.
    The "pharma CEO" then the "SOROS MONEY" really slapped the hell out of me.
    I zeroed-in on the "rapping Libertarian lyrics in college" simply because it's a claim of a young man putting his right-leaning views out into what we typically know as an "indoctrination station" while he's going to one. That suggests that what he says is what's in his heart and has been there since he was young. I'm disappointed I couldn't confirm it.

No matter what the real truth is, I actually hope Vivek replaces Child Sniffer.

Trump? Trump had a good run for our country and is certainly better than Child Sniffer but he should retire and assist Vivek with information if needed.

DeSantis should keep up "the good work" of disarming people with red flag laws in Florida, and keep that s**t in Florida. He can go visit Trump in Mar-A-Lago and they can talk about how great their unConstitutional red flag laws are.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    I've been thinking about all this off and on.
    There is a large part of me that would rather see Vivek get elected instead of Trump, even with the topics covered in this thread.

I've been chewing on the details and I can look passed them, "accept" them.
    The "pharma CEO" then the "SOROS MONEY" really slapped the hell out of me.
    I zeroed-in on the "rapping Libertarian lyrics in college" simply because it's a claim of a young man putting his right-leaning views out into what we typically know as an "indoctrination station" while he's going to one. That suggests that what he says is what's in his heart and has been there since he was young. I'm disappointed I couldn't confirm it.

No matter what the real truth is, I actually hope Vivek replaces Child Sniffer.

Trump? Trump had a good run for our country and is certainly better than Child Sniffer but he should retire and assist Vivek with information if needed.

DeSantis should keep up "the good work" of disarming people with red flag laws in Florida, and keep that s**t in Florida. He can go visit Trump in Mar-A-Lago and they can talk about how great their unConstitutional red flag laws are.
    I didn’t know Desantis favored red flag laws. I like him so this is disappointing news. How do politicians not see red flag ideas are unconstitutional? No due process? Trust the word of anybody who calls and says this person is dangerous? Bad idea

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I didn’t know Desantis favored red flag laws. I like him so this is disappointing news. How do politicians not see red flag ideas are unconstitutional? No due process? Trust the word of anybody who calls and says this person is dangerous? Bad idea

"
    HOW IS FLORIDA’S LAW DIFFERENT?

In Florida, a request for an order can be initiated and filed only by a law enforcement officer or a representative of a law enforcement agency. Some other states allow others to submit requests.

New York’s 2019 red flag law was the first to give teachers and school administrators the ability “to prevent school shootings by pursuing court intervention,” a state website says. Family members, prosecutors and police in New York can also ask courts to intervene.

In Illinois, a roommate, in addition to parents and law enforcement officers, can make the request. In some states, doctors and workplace colleagues can.

While only law enforcement can file the petition in Florida, anyone can reach out to a law enforcement agency and ask it to look into a case and potentially file a petition based on what they find.

WHAT ELSE DOES FLORIDA’S LAW SAY?

It requires that petitions for a court order include specific actions or threatening statements made by the subject of the request.

The Florida petition form, posted on court websites, says there must be proof that a person “poses a significant danger of harming himself or herself or others by possessing a firearm or ammunition.”

Once a petition is filed, a hearing must be held within 14 days for a judge to go through supporting evidence. If the danger seems imminent, the court can issue a temporary order while the full hearing is pending.

Proof must be “clear and convincing” — a high evidentiary bar — that someone is a risk before an order can be entered.

Orders can be issued for up to a year. After that, the order can be extended for another year, though courts must hold another hearing to do so. Targets of an order must surrender all guns and ammunition, as well as any concealed gun permit.

After an order is issued, the person it applies to can request to have it vacated. With an order in place, the burden is on the subject of an order to present “clear and convincing” evidence that they are no longer a risk to anyone."

---------------

In spite of this stuff I think DeSantis has done a good job and he did legalize Permitless or Constitutional Concealed Carry, though open carry is still illegal in Fl. DeSantis did fulfill all of his campaign promises to Floridians, which is why he put in for 2024 President. He wouldn't have if he did not get the Concealed Carry bill signed into law. Open Carry scares people, but it's ridiculous for it to remain illegal where concealed carry is legal.

I hope someone else pops up and is an amazing Presidential Candidate...but so far it's not looking good to me.

Last edited:

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    It's iconically disgusting. I've read many posts of claims from people claiming to be Floridians that claim have been red flagged, some multiple times.
    If it ever happened to me, "defamation and libel" would be my first thoughts. The lawsuits would fly.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    It's iconically disgusting. I've read many posts of claims from people claiming to be Floridians that claim have been red flagged, some multiple times.
    If it ever happened to me, "defamation and libel" would be my first thoughts. The lawsuits would fly.
    I know the firearm is the contemporary weapon of our time but what about vehicles, knives, baseball bats, explosives? If we take away the persons driver license, he can’t drive to the place where there are people. Right??

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    After taking someone’s firesrms (red flag laws), we could send and official notice to the criminals who sell guns after they steal them to not sell a firearm to certain individuals until receiving a another official notice to resume business as normal

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I know the firearm is the contemporary weapon of our time but what about vehicles, knives, baseball bats, explosives? If we take away the persons driver license, he can’t drive to the place where there are people. Right??
    You're thinking entirely too logically.
    STOP THAT.
    5smzr6.jpg

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    So, while I still don't trust any one of these candidates, Vivek is at least saying all the right things.
    Given that I already know for sure that I can't trust Trump, which would be the obvious best pick, if I do end up actually voting in this presidential election, Ramaswamy will get my vote. I'm still on the fence about participating, but hearing things like this is tempting me.
    a3a9dac8477d88c643861395bd96ff84.jpg

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    So, while I still don't trust any one of these candidates, Vivek is at least saying all the right things.
    Given that I already know for sure that I can't trust Trump, which would be the obvious best pick, if I do end up actually voting in this presidential election, Ramaswamy will get my vote. I'm still on the fence about participating, but hearing things like this is tempting me.
    a3a9dac8477d88c643861395bd96ff84.jpg
    RIGHT?!?

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I really don't think Trump is electable. Best case scenario is Biden runs again and the Republicans put in a very electable candidate -- like Vivek....

Top Bottom