Diet

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Well for a while after working back around home (was in south tx 4 years) breakfast was boudin balls and a dr pepper. Lunch was what was on the local plate lunch usually meatball stew, and supper was always rice and gravy. Now it's protein shake for breakfast, peanuts or pistachios for a snack, subway turkey on wheat for lunch, and supper is chicken, pork, or turkey on the foreman grill with veggies. Oh and no more soft drinks!! Felt like crap after 3-4 days with no caffeine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmmmm yoga mats.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I'm a big fat lard azz, who never was concerned with what I ate. Battled with being overweight all my life. Now I am scheduled to have Bariatric surgery in June. Been working with a dietician for the past 4 months. Counting calories and logging my food. Giving up Soda's was a major hurdle. Supplementing a protein shake for a meal has been helping.

Breakfast: 2 egg omelet with cheese
    Lunch: Salad with tuna fish and some type of meat (chicken, fish, beef)
    Supper: Protein Shake with low fat milk
    Snack: Apple, Banana, pear, some type of fruit.

Good job! You can do it :)

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Coffee
    Mixed nuts
    1 liter water
    Subway 6 inch double meat something
    Raisins
    1 liter water
    Whatever I decide to cook
    Meat rice/potatoes vegetables

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Start the day with a Centrum Multivitamin, then (with the basics taken care of), lots of coffee and then anything else that strikes my fancy. Try to stay away from fried foods and starches, have a preference for granola bars and rice cakes for snacks.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    shake composed of coffee, protein 70/30 mix of whey to casein, with some greens/vitamin/micronutrients and 1/2 a tsp of PB2.

same shake 5 hours later.

(if m/t/th/sat)- 30g protein and 20g low-gi carb as a pre-wo. I generally prefer chicken and half a sweet potato, other days its egg whites and oatmeal.

lean meat + green veggie cooked in coconut oil for dinner.

180oz of water a day, and one dose of BCAA's between meals.

re-feed the glycogen stores on saturday/sunday, and do legs on saturday morning so win/win.

It's almost summer time- gotta get right.

during winter its more like my pre-wo meal for every meal, 4x a day + the two shakes.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    shake composed of coffee, protein 70/30 mix of whey to casein, with some greens/vitamin/micronutrients and 1/2 a tsp of PB2.

same shake 5 hours later.

(if m/t/th/sat)- 30g protein and 20g low-gi carb as a pre-wo. I generally prefer chicken and half a sweet potato, other days its egg whites and oatmeal.

lean meat + green veggie cooked in coconut oil for dinner.

180oz of water a day, and one dose of BCAA's between meals.

re-feed the glycogen stores on saturday/sunday, and do legs on saturday morning so win/win.

It's almost summer time- gotta get right.

during winter its more like my pre-wo meal for every meal, 4x a day + the two shakes.
    Interesting that you are taking casein during the day. I only take it (30g) @ night before I go to sleep when I am going heavy weight mode.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Interesting that you are taking casein during the day. I only take it (30g) @ night before I go to sleep when I am going heavy weight mode.

i do take a half scoop with almond milk before bed which I neglected to mention. Because im cutting up for summer, im using the casein as a slow digesting means of daily protein because of my tremendously low calorie count during the week. even on my workout days im only hitting 1,000 calories or so- which is quite low. The casein and bcaa's between meals are intended to deflect the caloric deficiencies from impacting my lean mass as much as possible. My glycogen stores are replenished on saturday/sunday (because of my lifting schedule, not calendar schedule), and I keep GI otherwise very low during the week.

people really give this diet structure hell but its been simply amazing for me. I get all my micronutrients and protein in, and the casein has added benefit of not letting me feel hungry between shakes as well.

btw my protein of choice for this program is Combat by Mhp- 70/30 whey to casein, and tastes incredible. I've heard great things about bodybuilding.com's new formula as well, but I haven't tried it personally. It's almost identical nutritionally.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I use the GNC brand for both my whey (and 7 protein blend) and for my casein. Both seem to work. After midterm week I am going to resume high protein high weights. Getting off of it this week I find I am always hungry.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom