Dirty old Westinghouse

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I picked up a dirty old New England Westinghouse M91 at a gun show on November 17th 2007.
    It was only my 2nd or 3rd Mosin at the time and I really didn't know much about them. This old rifle really got me to start doing some resarch on Mosins and now I have somewhere around 30 Mosins, 6 of which are M91's.

When I bough the dirty old Westinghouse, I didn't know how hard and long the search for a replacement stock would be.
    9h1h8k.jpg

I did get a Bulgarian marked stock from my friend, Clay, about a year ago. It was a pertty good stock but I was just not happy with the look of the rifle. Then back in Octber of 2009, on the way home from a Forum shoot in Ohio, Clay and I stopped in at a little shop in Alabama. We stopped at the little shop to look at some old Mosins we were told they had. Well, while looking through the rifles, I found a M91 that had spent some time in Bulgaria. It had a Walnut stock I needed for my dirty old Westinghouse. I also found another rifle that I liked.
    When I got home I put the rifles away. I had too many things to get done before I could mess with the stocks. Just the other day I took out the rifles and swaped the stocks. I am happy with the look of the rifle now.
    It took me 2 years and 3 months to restore the Westinghouse, but it was worth it.

2n6rxi1.jpg

vxzr6f.jpg

2vlsh88.jpg

ezn8yg.jpg

1rfb5h.jpg

ngbp60.jpg

Top Bottom