Diversify....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    It seems I have... a ...'slight' surplus' of AK's...

What with their prices ever on the rise, It crosses my mind to 'trade in a couple' on a Class 3 weapon.

(Not SBR, SBS, or Suppresser... something FA)

I'm not unfamilure with FA, having shot Everything from STENS, Thompson, MP40 (And earlier variants) to 1919's, PKM's, RPK's, Krinks, a few I've missed, and your standard assortment of modern issue military...

Which would you get, and why?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    With AK's having such a bad reputation as commie crap and their prices falling after the election PM me. I'll give you 50 cents on the dollar pre election prices. ;)

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Something belt fed with a bipod. How about a PKM? Ammo is cheap (7.62 x 54R) and easy to find.
    If you don't want that then something in 9mm so you can afford to shoot it. HK MP5 SD? Probably over priced. A silenced full auto sten could be fun.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    After shooting lots of FA myself, I can tell you while they are fun I would not spend my money on one. But thats just me.

I also see no tactical purpose for a civilian to own a FA, I have a few buds who have some and they are definitely a novelty item and for that reason I want one. I want a Quad 50 realistically though I want an MP5.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m225CyqeEAs[/ame]

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I also see no tactical purpose for a civilian to own a FA, I have a few buds who have some and they are definitely a novelty item and for that reason I want one. I want a Quad 50 realistically though I want an MP5.

I wonder how much money they just went through in ammo!?!

I'm more interested in a silencer than full auto. Ammo is too expensive as it is.

Landry308

Class 3/SOT/Houma LA
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Houma
    How much you looking to spend ? I assume you've checked FA prices. Agree with previous poster: FA is fun at first, you giggle alot, but it gets old pretty quick. If I had to choose, I'd get silencers instead. If I were dead set on FA, I'd get an M16 if diversity wanted, or MP5 if just 1 set platform/caliber wanted.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I am fairly current on prices. (Ballpark)

I Hate the M16.

MP5 is overpriced and I would not get the internally suppressed variant as it has to be sent back to HK to be serviced.

MP5K would be nice, but are even MORE overpriced.

Sten is out, the internally Suppressed Sterling ($7-$8K IIRC) is a consideration.

I don't believe there are any non dealer sample PKM's... if there are... someone tell me and I'll sell a kidney or something.

M60's too much, I was thnking of keeping it under $15K (Call it $7-$15K price range)

Flexable by a couple thousand....

Gonna SBR a Krink... got the Parts kit... I've shot them FA. This'll do.

Gonna do suppressors also, this is just a coladeral thought. (I've shot alota FA... Alot... then I carried a SAW in Iraq...)

Got the beltfed covered (In semi, but it'll do)

Last edited:

Zack3g

Full Auto is fun!
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    Lafayette
    in the 7-15k range you could get a FA AK, uzi, if you look hard enough you can find a MP5 pack easy enough, then you just gotta come up with the host for it. You could also go the easy route and get a M11/9 or another mac, can, and a **** ton of ammo.

Honestly, I'd do this.

Get a RDIAS, and the MGI modular lower. You can add an AK magwell, AR magwell, and i'm pretty sure they've got pistol caliber mag wells in the works if they're not out already. Use their modular upper for barrel swaps, and you've got a shitload of MG's in one. I would have done that had the MGI lower been out when I bought my M16.

Top Bottom