DIY hunting blinds

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longdude17

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Good morning gents! Looking for some creative inspiration…

This year will be my first year in one of those hoity toity expensive hunting clubs and I’m looking for ideas for comfortable deer stands (box stands) that won’t break the bank.…something in the 6x8 size or comfortable for two people.

Yes… I have the traditional lean-to ladder stands, climbers, and pop up blinds which I intend to use for myself, but I’ve got a wife and kids that I’m encouraging to come with, along with an elderly parent, all of which needs to be reasonably comfortable when they come.

Yes… I could build my own from wood, and very well might, but time is precious, and I work 60+ hrs a week, thus weekends are devoted to the family.

I really struggle with the idea of spending $1000-2000+ for a box stand (essentially what I paid for the lease). Thus looking for some creativity on what’s out there that could easily be made into a nice comfy box blind.

One of my thoughts was to buy a cheap Amazon shed, insulate it and cut windows into it (will be mounted on a 6’ platform)

9138331431594fab170a9c90e0c0c1f6.jpg

What kind of creative stands have y’all build or suggest????

Top Bottom