Does anybody keep a shotgun and/or a rifle in car in addition to carrying handgun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Above said question.
    In addition to carrying a Colt Official Police on my person,
    I almost always carry at least a Remington 870 Police Magnum loaded with 4 00 magnum buckshot on the back floor of my truck. Sometimes I'll even keep an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine of .223 Remington.

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    I didn't know I could legally have a loaded rifle in the truck. Of course I can legally have concealed pistols on my person, so a loaded rifle in the truck isn't a far stretch.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    All of the above, and a well used Louisville Slugger,

thats what police trade in and beater guns are just perfect for, if someone ever does get it, you are not out much, those S&W revolver police trade ins that are floating around for just over for $200 are perfect car/truck guns

Last edited:

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    I didn't know I could legally have a loaded rifle in the truck. Of course I can legally have concealed pistols on my person, so a loaded rifle in the truck isn't a far stretch.

For true....
    I also heard (and read on here ) where your vehicle is considered an extension of your home too!!!

If that is the case, I'd have me one of dem AK folding things.

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Why tell everyone what you carry and where?

Do I know you? ;) I don't tell anybody what I carry and where unless it's a policeman pulling me over. Nobody knows who anybody is over the internet.
    Just a subject of conversation on an internet gun forum.

Seriously though, I figure it is prudent to have a longgun of somekind in your car as a backup. Particularly a shotgun. I mean, it's unlikely, but we've all heard these crazy stories on the news of some wacko going nuts, heavily arming himself and putting body armor on and going to war with some restaraunt or public building or public place. A handgun might not cut it under such circumstances (look up Tyler, TX shootout a few years ago. A CHLer and CHL instructor engaged such a man with a 1911 and died because the man had body armor). While a shotgun won't penetrate body armor, I am told the energy of buckshot or a slug will "liquify" the insides of a man from all the energy delivered against the armor putting them down if not kiling them

Last edited:

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    sure with a lot of effort. People who pass me on the street or swipe my credit card can find me if they set their mind to it. With 100,000,000,000,000,000 people on the net, the likelyhood of my being singled out is slim to none.

As for our little circle...who are we fooling? I mean we all know pretty much everybody carries in here, especially in this particular subforum (it is called CC/Carry). That's why we're all here.

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Just when you post, always think one thing. Would this post help or hurt me, if it were blown up 100x and hanging on an easel in front of a courtroom. :)

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    it would come out in court that I carried a shotgun and handgun on my person anyway. So what? if those weapons were ever used, it would be in self defense. Yes some scumbag attorney could make his deceased client out to be Saint TpacDoggyCapone with a halo over his head.

Now if I came on here and said something like: "Hey where is the best place to go and find some saints that look like thugs to shoot and what kind of gun would better effect this." Then I'd be in trouble (DISCLAIMER: That example is merely an illustration and does not reflect any intention on the part of the poster :mamoru:)

Last edited:

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Anyway, back to the discussion. Trash Hitting the Fan scenarios have played out often enough all over. From school shootings to nutjobs going nuts in body armor to riots that burn down cities. If you pulled up in a part of town and 5 minutes later such a scenario erupted a few feet from you...wouldn't you rather use your handgun to shoot your way to your a Shotgun or an AR in your truck (assuming you couldn't get away) rather than going against the odds with a handgun alone?

Also, in a gang situation, a shotgun is more likely to end a problem before it begins. KA-CHUCK can be a lot more effective than Kung-Fu

Last edited:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Anyway, back to the discussion. Trash Hitting the Fan scenarios have played out often enough all over. From school shootings to nutjobs going nuts in body armor to riots that burn down cities. If you pulled up in a part of town and 5 minutes later such a scenario erupted a few feet from you...wouldn't you rather use your handgun to shoot your way to your a Shotgun or an AR in your truck (assuming you couldn't get away) rather than going against the odds with a handgun alone?

Also, in a gang situation, a shotgun is more likely to end a problem before it begins. KA-CHUCK can be a lot more effective than Kung-Fu

actually, racking a shotgun is not going to scare away your average bad guy. More likely, he'll know where you are and shoot you first.

Watch movies much?

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Suburbanize, I have heard this from several police officers. It's not a movie line. Heck the sound of my own shotgun slide working gets my attention. And I wasn't really refering to out of sight but rather a form of intimidation. If you are approaching me either with a gang and I produce a shotgun followed by a loud cycling of the slide...that's an attention getter...much moreso than producing a snub nose .38 or even a 9mm Glock.

noob, come on. There could be 100 reasons why the answer could be "no I could not drive off" (damage to car, would risk getting shot if I hopped into the drivers seat and exposed myself, car blocked in, etc.etc.etc.) I try to think outside the box and prepare for the worst (as long as it's not a huge inconvenience.)

Born4spd, if being found bothers you, I'd be more worried about yourself (and that goes for anybody else in here). If "anybody can be found" then it isn't just a Doug.38PR worry. It's an everybody-on-any-gunforum-worry. :eek3:
    Watch out for that other sniper;)

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom