Does LA CCW application send fingerprints to FBI?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chadwickMS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2007
    Picayune, MS, USA
    As in the title, does LA CCW application send your fingerprints to FBI? Does anybody with insight or knowledge know how long it takes for the feds to actually run the prints against their database once they get them? I'm working on planning some activisim (here in MS) once the legislative session gets started, and need a little info as to whether that is the part that takes the longest, or if I'm sitting around for 4 months waiting on the state.
    Thanks.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    The LA Statute says that the LSP is to send your prints off to the FBI '"if warranted." Basically, if something comes up on your info that may be inconclusive. You can also get a copy of your rap sheet by sending off your fingerprints yourself. I can give you more information on this if you are interested.

chadwickMS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2007
    Picayune, MS, USA
    the way I'm reading our ccw statute (MS code 45-9-101), part (6)(a):
    The Department of Public Safety, upon receipt of the items listed in subsection (5) of this section, shall forward the full set of fingerprints of the applicant to the appropriate agencies for state and federal processing. seems like they have to send them to the FBI.
    My issue for asking is that I think waiting on the Feds is part of the reason our CCW permits take 4 months, and you in LA get them in 30-45 days. The other reason it seems they take so long is that they are lazy :-D.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom