Dogs in back of truck new law

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    1cjj31cggyvj236wchls.jpg

I don't really have a problem with it as long as it is on interstates. Sookie on the other hand was not aware that dogs actually rode in the back of trucks. She thinks it would be uncivilized. However, if they make a law that says she can't stick her head out the window, then she will be upset.

My wife's dog thinks the same lol. Btw, is she an Australian Shepherd?

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    Yes sir. She runs cows from time to time as well though she is less experienced than the others Aussies we have had over the years. Absolutely the smartest dogs I've ever known. Too smart sometimes........

Thought so. My wife has an Australian shepherd cross that has similar blue/grey colouring and the same smile. Not sure what he's mixed with or if he's smart enough to run cattle, but he's proven to be a great judge of a person's character.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Thought so. My wife has an Australian shepherd cross that has similar blue/grey colouring and the same smile. Not sure what he's mixed with or if he's smart enough to run cattle, but he's proven to be a great judge of a person's character.

Oh man, tell me about it. We had a kid around here that visited when his parents visited us. I ignored my gut feeling about him and just wrote him off as being "kinda weird". Sookie however actually hated the kid and actually "nipped" him once when he got too close. She has never done that before with anybody and got severely disciplined over the incident. Even after that she would growl at the kid even after being scolded each time. A year later we learned that the kid turned out to be a very nasty predator with some real mental problems when he hit puberty. That is the last time I ever ignore a gut feeling and I've promised Sookie that I will listen to her's as well.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Oh man, tell me about it. We had a kid around here that visited when his parents visited us. I ignored my gut feeling about him and just wrote him off as being "kinda weird". Sookie however actually hated the kid and actually "nipped" him once when he got too close. She has never done that before with anybody and got severely disciplined over the incident. Even after that she would growl at the kid even after being scolded each time. A year later we learned that the kid turned out to be a very nasty predator with some real mental problems when he hit puberty. That is the last time I ever ignore a gut feeling and I've promised Sookie that I will listen to her's as well.

You know how Peter Parker got bitten by a spider and developed superpowers?

Just kidding ;)

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA

Ours is the same. Was having problems with my truck and my wife's coworker/friend said her husband could fix it. Long story short, dog ran out the front door and jumped up on them like he'd always known them, even though he'd never met them. Yet had some random guy turn up yesterday trying to sell us meat, and our dog didn't settle til he was gone.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I don't let my dog roam free b/c I've always been told it could lead to deafness?

Another reason is b/c he's a huge investment. I've paid good money for him and feed him well and have lots of time, money and energy invested in him. So when we are Oscar Mike, he's in a Medium Crate, not a large one.(Even though he's a Tall Lean 75 lbs. Lab) This one he has to duck down to get into and had barely enough room to turn around and lay down in a ball. This way in case of an emergency he's already balled up and stands less of a chance of injuring his legs etc.

Regardless, he doesn't ride like that for long and pretty much sleeps the whole time anyway.

This law has no effect on me really, but I will say that I've seen MORE than one of these fly right off the truck, and they just pick them up and put them right back on there.

...sometimes....

tja5ba9fsz86rgvfxq.jpg

Last edited:

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Enough Laws we DON"T ENFORCE why more?

I don't like it because my dog is trained. He's not going to jump out. Don't blame me because some other people put a puppy in the bed and take off.
    My dog rides in the back but I'm responsible about it. I went to great lengths to train him on it and I drive much slower and carefully when he's in the back.

EXACTLY... I did the same thing.
    I can also leave her in the back of the truck while going into mom and pops grocery for some boudin and she won't jump or get out either:}

I once had someone say hey Mr. you forgot to tie your dog aren't you afraid she might jump out while your inside? My reply, she's been trained to stay in the truck until I give her the OK to get out.

He replied back, really; think you can come by next week sometime and train my wife to do the same?:}

Anyway...
    Here she is ready to ride in the BACK of my truck:}

8l2ka4xtv2utauadozh.jpg

Verbal Kint

I dunno
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Normally I’m not much on jumping into forum discussions; I prefer to keep my opinions to myself. But this one just struck a nerve yesterday. Set off a mental train wreck that lasted through the night…

Dog in a truck-yeah, could be a bad idea, depends a lot on the dog (and the owner). But do we really have to have a law? Really? That’s just the way it is these days, individual freedom and responsibility replaced with government control. Thirty years from now everybody will accept that we all have to show up for our mandatory physicals, take our government mandated medications, adhere to our government mandated diets, etc., etc., etc. So go ahead, pass a law, make people secure their dogs in cars, ban them from trucks, make sure they keep their pooch heads inside the window; the world will be a safer place. That’s what it’s all about right? Make things safer (come on, it’s for the kids). Maybe while we are at it, we should outlaw other dangerous things. Contact sports for instance (yeah, that’s coming-soon) and fast food. Nanny knows what we should eat and it’s definitely not Mickey D’s. In fact, maybe we should all have to wear Special-Ed helmets and knee pads so we don’t hurt ourselves if we fall down (it would save tons on health care costs, right???). Of course free speech is dangerous too-leads to hurt feelings, low self esteem, right wing rhetoric and terrorism – can’t have that. And then there are the guns. I mean, if we aren’t grown-up enough to make our own decisions on where the dog rides, can we possibly be trusted with instruments of destruction in our clumsy little hands? Nanny doesn’t think so. So yeah, pass another law, and another and another… it’s all for the common good. What can possibly go wrong?

Ok, I’m done. Sorry for the rant. My work sends me to the State Legislature while they are in session and being there always darkens my mood. And, if I’ve offended then please ban me… heaven forbid anyone, anywhere should ever be offended.

Keyser

Last edited:
    Top Bottom