DONE....Next few days are going to be fun.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    The final piece....

IMG_0813.jpg

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Looks great! Why the light @ 9 oclock? With a rail that long I would try moving it to 12 and move your front BUIS back a little bit.

Looks like a great blaster!

Last edited:

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Tried it at 12, just didn't feel right. I run a thumb forward grip and the selector for the light is right where my thumb rests.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    If you are left handed (judging by the sling postion) moving the light from the 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock might provide you more view of the "target" instead of the light being in your way assuming both eyes open shooting.

PS: Love the aimpoint if I get another 15 I think that is the optic that will sit on top.

Last edited:

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    If you are left handed (judging by the sling postion) moving the light from the 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock might provide you more view of the "target" instead of the light being in your way assuming both eyes open shooting.

PS: Love the aimpoint if I get another 15 I think that is the optic that will sit on top.

I need to put some rounds through it before I do anything. Heck, I might change the whole set-up after a few hundred rounds to get it right. Wish I had access to a shoot house for a little CQB to iron out the light placement. So far though I don't really notice it much with both eyes open. It's definitely a lower profile than a simliar G2 setup which was the alternative, plus with the TLR where it is, my thumb is perfectly placed for "momentary" on/off or strobe.

It's one of those things that a little hands on is the only to feel whats right.

Last edited:

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Nice.. I just got another upper 14.5 with a BC 2.0 on it.

I was going to get a 14.5 w/ a 1.5 on it, but I didn't feel like waiting or having it perm attached. I just need to find a place to shoot it. Guess I'll be exploring BZ2 within the next few days...:D

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Try shooting tight around a corner with the light closer to the wall. That is the biggest downside I have with lights in those positions (for me)

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Try shooting tight around a corner with the light closer to the wall. That is the biggest downside I have with lights in those positions (for me)

Yeah, I hear ya on that. If i'm engaging a target I don't want my light on unless it is absolutely necessary. Lights work both ways.

A lot of times, especially in movies/tv shows guys are running down a hallway all lit up. Thats bad juju from how I was taught. Only use your light if you need to, its pretty rare in an urban environment that the level of ambient light is not sufficient. I'm not going to run down a hallway with my light on, thats just retarded IMO, and If I'm going to pie a corner/wall then I'm going to be moving fast enough that light placement should not matter as a light peeking around a corner just screams shoot me. I clear the corner and hit the light if need be.

Rule No. 1 is a fight is you never stop moving. If you do, you die.

This is just my 0.02 worth.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Thats the trick speed and surprise are security. Things like the Quick Peek and Methodical Pie'ing of corners really haven't held up well in the lab of reality. The Military Application is different than the Police application but as always they share some truths. I have tried the 12 O'Clock Light Mount but just never really been able to embrace it. But then I don't like tape switches and pressure pads either so maybe I'm just odd.

Top Bottom