Dragunov?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUFoolsball69

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Slidell
    I was looking at one today and since it's in a local gunstore here i was thinking of maybe getting that instead of my G3 for now. So I need to know if they are easy to take care of and also worth 899?

I am not looking for smart ass answers I need real reviews from people that own.

Thanks.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Classic Arms has a package deal for sale, $799.
    http://classicarms.us/

ROMAK3PKG.jpg

I am not looking for smart ass answers I need real reviews from people that own.
    :rofl::rofl:

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    I own. Sometimes I even pwn.
    If by G3 you mean HK-91 type then you might want to hold out for the G3. That Dragunov type, while cool, is not your typical assault rifle.
    I have never possessed a Dragunov but I have built many HK-91 clones.
    The .308 round in a G3 type has enough pop to be interesting but not too much to make shooting too tiresome too quickly.

OTOH, that Drag will probably be a very good investment. Also, isn't ammo for the Drag really cheap now?

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Get it BJ. And let me shoot the **** out of it.

I own. Sometimes I even pwn.
    If by G3 you mean HK-91 type then you might want to hold out for the G3. That Dragunov type, while cool, is not your typical assault rifle.
    I have never possessed a Dragunov but I have built many HK-91 clones.
    The .308 round in a G3 type has enough pop to be interesting but not too much to make shooting too tiresome too quickly.

OTOH, that Drag will probably be a very good investment. Also, isn't ammo for the Drag really cheap now?

yea its real cheap compared to others. $3.95/20 on AIM. Locally they rape you, about $6-10/20 for surplus and $10+ for things like Brown Bear.

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Gonzales
    I looked at the same psl for a month very well built, i looked at Jims Firearms $899.00. I just bought my first 7.62x39 and now I am looking hard at the PSL again. WHbonney26 has one he gave me a great report on it.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    I have seen plenty of Dragunov 7.62x54r ammo around. The problem is the local shops pric gouging.

AIMSurplus has x54r for $3.95/20 for surplus. The SAME ammo was sold at Slidell Arm for like $7/20 or something like that. It costs even more for branded ammo like Brown Bear.

As long as you order it online, its easy to find and cheap to shoot. I want a Mosin for that reason.

The only .308 I've seen in our area has been like $12/box.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I looked at the same psl for a month very well built, i looked at Jims Firearms $899.00. I just bought my first 7.62x39 and now I am looking hard at the PSL again. WHbonney26 has one he gave me a great report on it.

Yes. I have two and love them both. :mamoru:

I had one in .308 also but didnt like it.

If you get one only shoot the light ball ammo. I have personally seen the heavy ball ammo break guns in short fashion.

They are very fun to shoot.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    I have one and even though I havent zeroed the scope it was keeping a fist size group at 200 yards with the iorn sites.The round is cheaper than 308 and is a strong round.

Last edited:

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I read somewhere about a recall. You may want to do a search, I can't remember where I saw it. There were some returned to Classic Arms for feeding issues. Ask the seller about return policy. I want one and wished I'd have bought it a long time ago. Hindsight still 20/20

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    I was looking at one today and since it's in a local gunstore here i was thinking of maybe getting that instead of my G3 for now. So I need to know if they are easy to take care of and also worth 899?

Thanks.

Was that you in Slidell Arms yesterday?

Miltonite

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    I have one and I love it. I put a Nikkon 3x9 scope on it and it shooots fist sized groups at 100 yards.

Easy to clean, at the range spray the barrel down with windex is you are shooting corrosive ammo(make sure it has ammonia) then clean like a AK when you get home. (but actually clean it unlike you would with an AK)

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    you can probably find 7.62x54r for pretty cheap if you look around. I know Classicarms had spam cans (440rds?) for something like $99 a month ago when i was thinking about grabbing a mosin nagant.

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    I was there around 2-3PM. I was in black slacks and (I believe) a teal polo shirt. I just asked the OP because there was a guy eying up a Dragunov while I was there.

Top Bottom