driver training

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eric_in_NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    I am interested in some advanced driver training. Personal protection service kind of stuff. Risk avoidance, dynamic egress, etc. Does anyone have recommendations? Would prefer to train as close to NOLA as possible. Thanks

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Vata Instructors in Covington are actually Driver Instructors as well, might want to check with Greg Lapin and find out IF he can do something for you, he mostly teaches to DOD/MIL but never know.

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    I'd be in for a course like that if you figure something out.

Aaron

Edit. Yea, I know Destin @ VATA is a driving instructor... problem will probably be find cars / a place to do it.

meauxcg

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 27, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Check out the BMW car club and the porsche club in addition to the local open track days at no problem raceway.
    BEFORE you even think of taking a class like that you need to UNLEARN every thing you do on a regular basis commuting.
    You will learn proper hand position and steering, proper braking and balance of the vehicle.

Once you learn to not upset the car and have "control with out drama" then you can learn how to bump another vehicle and the other fun things you see on TV.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Nowhere near NOLA, but for some first class training, I have taken classes at:

Bill Scott Raceway- Anti-terrorism and evasive driving course
    Crossroads- vip protection driving

Bill Scott is an actual track. We shot cars, did ramming and chased and ran at 100MPH plus. It was a hell of a time. it is not cheap though.

Crossroads was a MT course that came down to Tallulah, MS I believe it was. Ran it in a parking lot. J-turns, reverse 180, high speed turning and convoy ops.

If anyone knows a very large open area, like an old airstrip or a parking lot (NOLA east), let me know. I can get an MTT down, but it has recently been put on a back burner.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    nola... any idea how "big" of a parking lot we would need? my company has a pretty decent sized lot in NOLA east...

Aaron

I do not have a literal size, but you need to be able to drive around in it at high speed preferably without too many obstacles like lightfarms and suck. If you would, email me the actual address, and I should be able to pull it up on Google Earth.

brannon@nolatac.com

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    Ok, I've talked to Greg@ Vata, and this is a definite possiblity...they are working on the details, so I don't have any pricing yet (price will include instructors fee and track time). Anyone interested can shoot me a PM or reply to this thread, and I'll update you when I have more info.

We will need to meet a min number of students, so lemme know guys.

Aaron

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Isn't there an old airstrip that holds races somewhere near here? I wonder if it could be rented out. I would be in depending on dates.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Ok, I've talked to Greg@ Vata, and this is a definite possiblity...they are working on the details, so I don't have any pricing yet (price will include instructors fee and track time). Anyone interested can shoot me a PM or reply to this thread, and I'll update you when I have more info.

We will need to meet a min number of students, so lemme know guys.

Aaron

You also could just use the SUBSCRIBE feature at the top of the thread. You'll see a box with different options of how you will be notified when ANYONE replies to this thread, PM/E-mail, both etc.

Top Bottom