Dsa fal?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bwalken

Foot clutch hand shift
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    New orleans
    Hey how's it going everyone just picked up a dsa 18" fal from a buddy. I've always wanted a fal and traded my ar for it. Just wanted some opinions on these rifles as I am completely new to fals and have heard some mixed reviews anyone had good or bad luck with these? any info would be greatly appreciated

Bwalken

Foot clutch hand shift
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    New orleans
    It shoots great but when charging it will hang up sometimes and not go all the way into battery sometimes first round or sometimes every other round. I looked around on the forums and a lot of guys have been saying the ramp has a sharp angle on the bottom gonna try and work that out

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    If you are using the DSA mags that could be part of the issue. their mags do not always work. get some surplus FAL mags, apex gun parts had some in stock.

Bwalken

Foot clutch hand shift
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    New orleans
    I got 8 mags with the rifle and tried another one after I saw your reply.. Runs flawless. Thanks for
    The suggestion marked the dsa mags and put them away

Bwalken

Foot clutch hand shift
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    New orleans
    Lol thanks never had a semi auto 308 before but I have the battle rifle bug now. Do you know if all the dsa mags have the serial numbers on the base plate? And does anyone know of a good railed handguard that won't ad alotta weight ? I've been looking at the vltor but I'm getting a vortex 1-4 and don't wanna drop 300 bucks for a handguard and 450 for a optic. The dsa scope mount and railed handguard looks nice for the money but a little bulky and heavy. And being 5'11 and 180 pounds wet and wearing boots I'm kinda wary of going overboard of slapping stuff on the rifle. If someone knows of some good alternative or maybe has a used one it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again everyone!

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    fal

photo_1.jpgphoto_2.JPGI also have a dsa para fal, sweet gun!!! expensive to feed thought. I have the quad rail on mine and the dsa scope mount. shoots like a champ, the only problem I have had with mine is it has a canted front sight upon return from cs, believe it or not I have tried to talk to cs several times and have made it no where with the issue, I have had about 3k rounds down the pipe, at about 2k rounds it started giving me some feed issues so I sent it back to them with no problem and they fixed all kinds of stuff for free( gas piston all internal springs, scope mount, adjust head space ect) which fixed the problem, but as I said the front sight came back canted, I can see where they took my front gas block off and put it back on, im not sure how to fix the issue and they jumped through hoops for me on my first issue all for free even shipping but now cant get nothing outta them!!! other than that it is a sweet gun, and it doesn't affect the shootablity of the gun. I use optics anyway. but don't like the fact of paying that much for a gun with a canted sight, if I wanted that I would buy a $300 ak, lol.... I know most people don't like to shoot it but my fal loves tulammo and wpa steel cased. the only thing I would have changed is the para stock, it looks cool but need a pad with optics and is not as comfortable as a fixed stock in my opion, but it is nice to fold it when riding on 4 wheeler ect. I keep waiting on being able to use it on a mess of hogs but haven't had the opportunity yet. well I hope you enjoy it as much as I have, and don't wanna hijack your post but if anybody knows of a easy fix on the front sight please pm me thanks

Last edited:

Bwalken

Foot clutch hand shift
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    New orleans
    I was wondering about tul and steel cased ammo I heard that it messes stuff up but I've always used cheap ammo with my aks and I can't imagine how it would mess up a rifle especially a piston operated rifle did you have to play with the gas to shoot steel cases rounds? And I have the solid humpback stock and I love it it's pretty comfy with a rubber pad on the back.but I do like the look of the para. I'm thinking of just drilling the free float tube and putting a rail on the side for a light. And I was looking on the dsa website and they have a railed gas block that you could put a flip up sight on. That may be a quick fix for your canted sight since you have the rails to put a sight on the back and it's 6 bdollars if I remember correctly

Top Bottom