DUI info

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    1st offense DUI with no accident you'd be nuts to drop 10k on a lawyer. And you are welcome to speak to the DA to see what's on the table BEFORE you hire a lawyer. At any busy jurisdiction, you'll get 894 offered. Fine, Community service, Interlock device and a chance to remove it from your record.

True.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    It should be three strikes your out , life in prison and 1st time offence brought back if second dui .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Proabition on alcohol it’s a gate way drug! you know, if it only saves one life and all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Proabition on alcohol it’s a gate way drug! you know, if it only saves one life and all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm not saying out law it I'm saying make the penalty for driving drunk severe enough to persuade some not to do it and put the ones not smart enough to quit driving drunk where they can't hurt anyone .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I was witness to someone who I was close with in Hs, crash and burn to death due to drinking and driving.. I as 17.. (46 now) I have never had a drink and drove.. Ever.. I am considered boring .. I don't care. it made an impression upon me.. I love whisky. I just do it at home.
    I believe there are some who are selfish enough to keep doing it..
    I think the guy, got off easy IMO .. State trooper got him.. didn't tow vehicle.. passed Field sobriety but failed breath test .. I don't know the particulars. Thanks for information again.. I passed it on.

Iancallahan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Houma
    So I had one about 8 years ago, the first and only trouble I've been in. I went in to court without an attorney and asked for a pretrial diversion program or article 894 whichever you prefer. I paid roughly $1800 bucks in fines and fees. I was on supervised probation for 6 months and unsupervised for another year after that. Besides two driving classes and a MADD class I never had to do any community service. If I had to do it again I wouldn't hire an attorney and I'd definitely disregard the people saying you need to save at least 10k and make sure you have a good lawyer. All that did was cause unneeded stress.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    So I had one about 8 years ago, the first and only trouble I've been in. I went in to court without an attorney and asked for a pretrial diversion program or article 894 whichever you prefer. I paid roughly $1800 bucks in fines and fees. I was on supervised probation for 6 months and unsupervised for another year after that. Besides two driving classes and a MADD class I never had to do any community service. If I had to do it again I wouldn't hire an attorney and I'd definitely disregard the people saying you need to save at least 10k and make sure you have a good lawyer. All that did was cause unneeded stress.

I agree, and the people advising otherwise have probably never been in court.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The jackass that hit my wife was convicted of 3rd Offense DWI . The Prosecutor told us that he had two priors that were so old they didn't count . WTFO ? Judge gave him a fine and credit for time served since he was unable to bond out . Oh yeah , no insurance either ...

Top Bottom