Duracoating a handgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BayouArms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    We are a new sponsor of Bayou Shooter and a certified DuraCoat finisher. Regardless of who does the work, I am sure you will be pleased with the properties of DuraCoat. Good luck!

wlwindham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    buying wwII 45

Got a question for you guys and any expert that feels like throwing in thier 2 cents worth is more than welcome , many many years ago i wasa 45 freak but i got married and had kidds and got rid of all my guns as it was hard for me to buy things for my guns and my kids lol well kids are grown and i am buying my first gun in 20 years its a military issue remington rand , am picking it up later today not sure but thinking that numbers on frame and slide mach , heres t eproblem tho ,has ugly ivory grips , someone has changed the rear sights , they look like cheap novak's and mainspring housing doesnt have a lanyard loop on it , i looked on gunbroker for RR's there that were military issue from wwII tey all had loop and most had mag with R stamp , now the gun i am getting also has one more problem , it looks like about 15 or 20 years ago someone tried to blue it , my question is , does this gun still have value? i can replace sights and grips super easy , but the blueing worries me , do i go ahead and do a full restore and do a nice duracoat job on it or try and sell for C&R value and buy a new 45 to customize for my own use? am adding pic if i can figure out how

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Daniel with PlateTacular has done some AWESOME work for me

Tod with T customs also does SICK work

Mr Jace with Precision Coats and Gunworks also has done some work for me and I was VERY pleassed with his attention to detail, ex mil dissabled vet who takes pride on being an American and great guy all around.

Quite a few options in the area

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    Got a question for you guys and any expert that feels like throwing in thier 2 cents worth is more than welcome , many many years ago i wasa 45 freak but i got married and had kidds and got rid of all my guns as it was hard for me to buy things for my guns and my kids lol well kids are grown and i am buying my first gun in 20 years its a military issue remington rand , am picking it up later today not sure but thinking that numbers on frame and slide mach , heres t eproblem tho ,has ugly ivory grips , someone has changed the rear sights , they look like cheap novak's and mainspring housing doesnt have a lanyard loop on it , i looked on gunbroker for RR's there that were military issue from wwII tey all had loop and most had mag with R stamp , now the gun i am getting also has one more problem , it looks like about 15 or 20 years ago someone tried to blue it , my question is , does this gun still have value? i can replace sights and grips super easy , but the blueing worries me , do i go ahead and do a full restore and do a nice duracoat job on it or try and sell for C&R value and buy a new 45 to customize for my own use? am adding pic if i can figure out how

Pretty sure this is post hijacking. Start a new post.

FWIW - From all that I know about antiques and old guns, if you do anything other than clean it up, it loses most of it's collector value. Don't touch the sights, finish, grips, any of it if you want it to remain valuable. If you want to shoot it, I would have a gunsmith look at it and be sure it is up to shooting today's ammo through it. Newer guns are made with better quality metal and can withstand much more than the old ones.

Top Bottom