E Form 4 Approval

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScottC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2013
    Couldn't believe that the ATF was working on Christmas Eve approving stuff. Thanks Lafsnguy for all your help on the e-file. Hoping to get some more good news today on a suppressor!

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yeah it is looking like that. The big question is if it is going to hold at that or if as more people efile the wait times will get longer. I did speak to someone at the NFA branch and they indicated they are going to be trying very hard to keep e forms under 4 months to entice people to efile because it makes their lives much easier.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    No problem. For anyone that is curious all my e form 4s are running about 3 to 3.5 months. I have a bunch of stuff coming in in the next week or two so if anyone needs anything let me know.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    October 2nd,2013 to January 14,2014...APPROVED! Thanks Stuart!

Exact same deal here. Thanks Stuart! Kinda curious to see how the wait times change in the next few months. My first form 4 came back in 3 months 3 days. This one took 3 months 12 days and was submitted only about a month after the first.

- - - Updated - - -

So do they mail you a paper copy of the eForm or do you print it from the ATF site?

It gets emailed to you and you print it off.

Last edited:

Timdog

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    Madisonville
    My Eform was filed on 10/4/13 , approved 1/15/14. Using a trust done by Mouthpiece.

5abe4eny.jpg
    7azevy4a.jpg

Last edited:

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just got this. I haven't had a form 4 approved in a few weeks. The system has been messing up for the last few weeks and now they are going to be bringing it down for four hours each day. Our tax dollars at work.

Good afternoon:

As you are aware, eForms has had performance issues for the past three weeks. We are diligently working with experts in the field to resolve the issues. Until we can get the issues resolved we will be implementing automated restarts of the server at 4:00 am, 9:00 am, NOON, and 3:00 pm eastern time. We have determined that the restart of the servers clears *stuck threads* on the servers and improves the overall performance of eForms. We realize that the unscheduled restarts were disrupting your workday and this will allow you to plan around the scheduled restarts.

Restarts will take approximately one hour to complete during which time eForms will not be available. Again, this is only a temporary measure until a more permanent solution is implemented.

Again, daily restarts of the eForms servers will be conducted daily at the following times until further notice:

4:00 am – 5:00 am
    9:00 am – 10:00 am
    NOON – 1:00 pm
    3:00 pm – 4:00 pm

Finally, Pay.gov has notified us that they will be upgrading their system on Saturday, February 22, 2014, from 6:00 PM to Midnight Eastern Time. Pay.gov has advised us that systems using pay.gov will experience a service outage during this period. This means that you will not be able to pay the tax for the eForms 1 and 4 during this time period. Forms can be created and saved to your draft folder until the upgrade is completed and the taxes can be paid.

Thank you for your patience as we try to improve eForms.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Just got this. I haven't had a form 4 approved in a few weeks. The system has been messing up for the last few weeks and now they are going to be bringing it down for four hours each day. Our tax dollars at work.

I was just reading that email. I can't believe that BS. Wait, yes I can.

Top Bottom