eForms eQuestions.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daddy-O

Pally
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    Wherever the party is
    Hey all. Up until recently all of my NFA paperwork was handled via good old fashioned paper forms. The last two (Form 1s) I put in the pipeline were done via the eForms system. Anywho, I have a few random questions that maybe someone who's had more experience with said system can answer. In no particular order:

• Any ideas on the average waits on these versus paper? I've read of some pretty fast turn around. The two Form 1s are close to three months. That said, the paper forms I've submitted in recent years have been all over the board (short as 4 months and long as over 9).
    • Do I understand it correctly, that the approved form and stamp are delivered electronically and they do not issue a hardcopy?
    • Has anyone used the "Ask the Experts" part of the site? If so, I am curious how long it normally takes to hear back and via what method (e.g., they email your or it appears somewhere on the eForms site, etc.). I asked a question a couple of months of ago, but never heard back.

Thanks all. :)

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    • Any ideas on the average waits on these versus paper? I've read of some pretty fast turn around. The two Form 1s are close to three months. That said, the paper forms I've submitted in recent years have been all over the board (short as 4 months and long as over 9). Looks like the Form 1s are running around 4.5 months right now. Here's a helpful link to some historical data: http://www.nfatracker.com/TrendGraph.aspx
    • Do I understand it correctly, that the approved form and stamp are delivered electronically and they do not issue a hardcopy? That is correct. Just print out the electronic version they send to you.
    • Has anyone used the "Ask the Experts" part of the site? If so, I am curious how long it normally takes to hear back and via what method (e.g., they email your or it appears somewhere on the eForms site, etc.). I asked a question a couple of months of ago, but never heard back. Sorry, I've never used this feature.

Thanks all. :)

Hope this helps!

Daddy-O

Pally
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    Wherever the party is
    Thanks swampfoxx. Maybe something went sideways when I submitted the question, because nothing came. I have my spam filter set to allow anything from the ATF domain, so I don't think it got dumped there. Oh well, it wasn't a big issue: I was just more curious how that worked.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom