Election Results for "Requires U.S. citizenship in order to register and vote in Louisiana"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    He may be referring to this.

Quoted from your link above:
    "If your name appears on the list, your voter registration status is inactive because your registration address was not able to be verified by your parish registrar of voters during the annual canvass or correspondence sent to the address on file has been returned undeliverable."

Nothing about missing 2 federal elections and being removed from the Louisiana voter registry.
    Inactive BC they could not verify your addy, yes. Like if you move out of state say 10 or 20 years ago. I call @Ellis1958 earlier statement/post BS. He seems to have been personally offended by low voter turnout so he posted some crazy unfounded sh*t earlier.

UncleBiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Chalmette
    Quoted from your link above:
    "If your name appears on the list, your voter registration status is inactive because your registration address was not able to be verified by your parish registrar of voters during the annual canvass or correspondence sent to the address on file has been returned undeliverable."

Nothing about missing 2 federal elections and being removed from the Louisiana voter registry.
    Inactive BC they could not verify your addy, yes. Like if you move out of state say 10 or 20 years ago. I call @Ellis1958 earlier statement/post BS. He seems to have been personally offended by low voter turnout so he posted some crazy unfounded sh*t earlier.
    Keep reading

" If you do not confirm your address and you do not vote in any election between the time your name was added to the list and the day after the second regularly scheduled general election for federal office held after such date, your name may be removed from the voter registration list."

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Keep reading

" If you do not confirm your address and you do not vote in any election between the time your name was added to the list and the day after the second regularly scheduled general election for federal office held after such date, your name may be removed from the voter registration list."
    Again pertains to an "inactive voter" (and you are on the current LA inactive voter list) AND failing to verify your address.
    Where does it say "if you miss two federal elections, you may be removed from the voter registration."

Maybe you should go back and re-read Ellis's OP for clarity.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    @UncleBiff @Ellis1958 I'm probably overcomplicating this no doubt. Giving it more thought, yes it could occur. I guess I just could not relate as I have never missed a single fed election (POTUS/VP) in 40 years. Yes, if you fail to vote in say 10 years or more and not respond to a mailed address verification notice from the LA registrar of Voters, you may be deleted from the voter registry. Like people who move out of state and do not have their mail forwarded, or it gets lost, or simply fail to respond to some generic notice. Got it.

Last edited:

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Absolutely false in the state of Louisiana. Post a link to a Louisiana gov webpage stating anything like that. I call BS on that one.

Here, I'll help you get started: https://www.sos.la.gov/ElectionsAndVoting/Pages/default.aspx
    https://www.sos.la.gov/ElectionsAndVoting/Pages/InactiveVoters.aspx

Last sentence.
    "If you do not confirm your address and you do not vote in any election between the time your name was added to the list and the day after the second regularly scheduled general election for federal office held after such date, your name may be removed from the voter registration list."

The address confirmation process is outlined in Informational Pamphlet for Election Day Voting. Page 38. Section 7.06

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    @UncleBiff @Ellis1958 I'm probably overcomplicating this no doubt.
    It's easy to go down the what if's rabbit hole. The Informational Pamphlet mentioned above is a good read even if you never intend to work a polling place. Pretty much if it isn't in the pamphlet then the Commissioner in Charge for that precinct is going to make a call to the Clerk of Court and the Registrar of Voters.

A great number of poll workers quit during Covid. The Secretary of State is working hard to recruit new workers. It's an easy process and training takes a whole hour and a half. The rest is OJT. Granted it's not about the money but $200 is $200 per election.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom