Email the Governor - let's get Remington arms to Louisiana!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Guys,
    As you may know, New York is passing probably the most restrictive laws on guns in the nation. The Mohawk valley is home to many gun manufacturers. Lets email the Governor and get some gun manufacturing jobs here in Louisiana by letting them know that WE welcome them here in Louisiana. Please spread the word on other LOUISIANA forums and email Remington as well.

Lets form a list of Gun manufacturers in New York and email them all. I will update or Mods can as well if I'm too slow.

New York Gun Manufacturers:

Remington Arms
    Kimber Arms
    Just right carbines Canandaigua NY
    Gov. Jindal: http://www.gov.la.gov/index.cfm?md=form&tmp=email_governor

Remington's corporate email: info@remington.com

My letter to remington:
    Gentlemen,
    I would like to cordially invite you to move your production plant to the great state of Louisiana! Our Governor, Bobby Jindal, is currently working on eliminating corporate and state income taxes. Skilled labor is plentiful and Louisiana is a right to work state. You may also be aware that we recently passed the strongest pro gun legislation in the nation. Your company will be respected and welcome here. Plus we have the most to do of any state in the union! We are the sportsman's paradise!

Best Regards,
    "dixiejarhead"

Last edited:

billy308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    I already made a call to a friend at Jindal's office about this . Good idea to let the gun and ammo industry know they are welcome here !

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I already made a call to a friend at Jindal's office about this . Good idea to let the gun and ammo industry know they are welcome here !

Thanks Billy! Tell your friends and post on other sites so we can get this ball rolling. If the Gov. gets enough traffic, this could be the just the thing he needs with his new tax proposal! Plus we could use 1000 new gun jobs in this state!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is not so far fetched as some may think at first glance. You may remember, that many people scoffed at the idea of the "Louisiana" film industry. Now, I haven't seen any numbers that show the tax breaks were covered by the economic impact of that, but it seems to me, that if the numbers were not working; we would hear the critics barking loudly.

However, someone higher than a clerk in the Governor's office receiving e-mails is going to have to ask the Governor directly if you want to see if this is even on the radar for consideration.

HINT: Send an e-mail to a news reporter for him/her to ask him.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I sent an email to the office.

Emphasized the jobs bonus, and the appeal of firearms friendliness to a State with an overwhelming majority of pro-gun citizens. Brought up jobs industry taxes, and a couple recent manufacturing facilities we lost the bid on which were comparable in job size to Remington alone, let alone Kimber and others that could hopefully be woo'd here. Emphasized the success of the film industry tax incentives.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    This is not so far fetched as some may think at first glance. You may remember, that many people scoffed at the idea of the "Louisiana" film industry. Now, I haven't seen any numbers that show the tax breaks were covered by the economic impact of that, but it seems to me, that if the numbers were not working; we would hear the critics barking loudly.

However, someone higher than a clerk in the Governor's office receiving e-mails is going to have to ask the Governor directly if you want to see if this is even on the radar for consideration.

HINT: Send an e-mail to a news reporter for him/her to ask him.

If you know anyone, please do! I have to look, but I know I have a direct line to the Gov's office someplace, just have to find the number.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I sent an email to the office.

Emphasized the jobs bonus, and the appeal of firearms friendliness to a State with an overwhelming majority of pro-gun citizens. Brought up jobs industry taxes, and a couple recent manufacturing facilities we lost the bid on which were comparable in job size to Remington alone, let alone Kimber and others that could hopefully be woo'd here. Emphasized the success of the film industry tax incentives.
    Thank you sir!

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Get all of them in the Northeast on board too. That whole NE area is quite restricted, aren't they?

Last edited:

billy308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    DJH ,Iused your link to send an email .I'm giving it to friends and family to do the same .

Top Bottom