Email the Governor - let's get Remington arms to Louisiana!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billy308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    I got five people at work to send emails in to the gov and dept of Economic Development in the last two days .

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I might be slightly behind here, but why just Remington? There are a bunch of gun manufacturers there?!?

It's probably the most readily identifiable, even to non-gun types across the country. It would be a major symbolic slap at anti-gunners everywhere.

Besides, Victor Kiam, the guy who bought the Remington electric shaver division was from New Orleans, so there's already a precedent, of sorts. ;)

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    99% of Remington moved to NC a few years ago.

Guys,
    As you may know, New York is passing probably the most restrictive laws on guns in the nation. The Mohawk valley is home to many gun manufacturers. Lets email the Governor and get some gun manufacturing jobs here in Louisiana by letting them know that WE welcome them here in Louisiana. Please spread the word on other LOUISIANA forums and email Remington as well.

Lets form a list of Gun manufacturers in New York and email them all. I will update or Mods can as well if I'm too slow.

New York Gun Manufacturers:

Remington Arms
    Kimber Arms
    Just right carbines Canandaigua NY
    Gov. Jindal: http://www.gov.la.gov/index.cfm?md=form&tmp=email_governor

Remington's corporate email: info@remington.com

My letter to remington:
    Gentlemen,
    I would like to cordially invite you to move your production plant to the great state of Louisiana! Our Governor, Bobby Jindal, is currently working on eliminating corporate and state income taxes. Skilled labor is plentiful and Louisiana is a right to work state. You may also be aware that we recently passed the strongest pro gun legislation in the nation. Your company will be respected and welcome here. Plus we have the most to do of any state in the union! We are the sportsman's paradise!

Best Regards,
    "dixiejarhead"

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    What exactly are the details on the new NY laws? I've seen conflicting "facts" about it.
    ie: one source says 7 rnd mags, another says 10, etc etc.
    thanks.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Farmerville
    Email sent to Remington
    Email sent to Jindal (which by reading the thread will be forwarded to the appropriate person)

Great idea and please continue to update the OP with any other companies in similar situations that we could email.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Email sent to Remington
    Email sent to Jindal (which by reading the thread will be forwarded to the appropriate person)

Great idea and please continue to update the OP with any other companies in similar situations that we could email.

Will do! Thank you and next time I'm in Point I'll have to meet up with you if you have time.

Top Bottom