Encounter at Walmart

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Wasn't me... I found it on a blog and thought it was worth posting. Good story though, and even a good re-telling. Right attitude also...

Tiz68

Gun Lover
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    Morgan City
    Wow that is a very good story. I have been wanting to get a conceal permit so I can carry, but the wife does not want me to. She thinks me having it is not nesessary. This story might change her mind, or at least make her think about it a little bit more.

lilmoose0

Crack don't smoke it self
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    Wow that is a very good story. I have been wanting to get a conceal permit so I can carry, but the wife does not want me to. She thinks me having it is not nesessary. This story might change her mind, or at least make her think about it a little bit more.

You're a LEO and can't carry off duty concealed?:confused:

lilmoose0

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    Haha to clear it up, I just started working as a LEO this past Friday. I have not yet been able to go through Academy. Once I do then of course I will be qualified to carry.

Oh O.K.,
    Are you going through the Academy in Thibodaux? I know when I was there we had departments from all over, Assumption...etc. I don't know if it's still the same as when I went but get ready to do a LOTTT!!!!! of pushups.:mamoru:

Tiz68

Gun Lover
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    Morgan City
    Oh O.K.,
    Are you going through the Academy in Thibodaux? I know when I was there we had departments from all over, Assumption...etc. I don't know if it's still the same as when I went but get ready to do a LOTTT!!!!! of pushups.:mamoru:

I'm not sure where it will be. Haha but I've had several people tell me the same thing about pushups! I've been trying to do as many as I can every night to get myself ready for when I go. So how long ago was it that you went?

I actually had to go to Thibodaux PD today to pick up a prisoner.

lilmoose0

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    It's been close to two years. I went for the P.O.S.T. reserve deputy with lafourche. I ended up quiting because of some advise from a friend and fellow officer. But don't let that cloud your decision. Good luck with everything.

Top Bottom