Enfield No. 2 Tanker pistol question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TMcD3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Mandeville, La
    My long deceast father left me a Enfield No. 2 Tanker pistol. I finally cleaned it and took it to the range. It fires and does everything a revolver is supposed to do. The ammo, .38 Smith and Wesson, is pretty pricey but its still fun to shoot with about a 6 or 7lb trigger pull. My question is the lanyard was broken or ground off years ago. I have looked for replacement lanyards everywhere. Anybody here know of shops that might have replacement lanyard rings? I just want to bring it back to when the pistol was originally issued. It is rough but thats how my father came into possession of the pistol. I keep it in the safe for sentimental reasons,
    Thanks,
    TMcD
    Pistol 1.jpg
    pistol 2.jpg
    pistol 3.jpg

SGT ROCK

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Looks nice. It appears that the lanyard ring assembly was just removed. I sometimes see the lanyard ring assemblies, will take a look and let you know.
    The date is stamped on top of the barrel.

TMcD3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Mandeville, La
    Looks nice. It appears that the lanyard ring assembly was just removed. I sometimes see the lanyard ring assemblies, will take a look and let you know.
    The date is stamped on top of the barrel.
    Yes I removed the broken lanyard part and the pin that holds it in and safely stored them away. The smiths at Jims Firearms showed me how to remove it. A relatively simple procedure. All I can read on the top of the barrel is CAL 38. There is some additional stamping but it is scratched and unreadable by me anyway. Thanks for your help Sgt Rock.

TMcD3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Mandeville, La
    Top Bottom