Enterprise Email

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So this is the deal, since the switch from AKO email to Enterprise I haven't been able to access it on a Mac. No one at my unit has a clue of how to get it up and running, and the outlook hotline isn't open today. Was hoping someone on here is using it and has some insight of how to make it work. Any help is appreciated.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    What are you talking about? What is enterprise email? Like enterprise rent a car?

Are you trying to setup Outlook 2011 for use with an exchange server?

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Army Reserve components on their interweb RCAS (Reserve Components Automation System) (which is a closed system), recently changed to a new server for their email. It can be accessed from the web only if you have a CAC (Common Access Card) enabled computer or a specially enabled Blackberry. The enterprise email server has a different address from the old server. Unfortunately I don't have the new address on the computer I'm on now. Ask those at your unit for the new address.

The army also has a semi-open system available for active, reserve, retired, dependents, and contractors, accessable thru the internet, called AKO (Army Knowledge Online). AKO includes a secure email component. You are confusing Enterprise (RCAS) with AKO. They are different. You also probably believed the propaganda and forwarded your AKO to Enterprise. Now you can't get any of it. You didn't have to. AKO is still alive and well. Your AKO email is still on the AKO server. You can access AKO at https://akomail.army.mil/uwc/auth/. You'll get a security warning. Click Continue and it'll take you to the AKO log-in screen. Log in to AKO using your username/password/security questions. I'd recommend that you not forward any AKO email and just access it as-is.

I've been able to access AKO from England,Germany, Kuwait, Iraq, and all of the US. RCAS is different, cranky, and you have to be on special nets to access it. AKO can be accessed anywhere you have web access.

Last edited:

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm with LANG, and they already switched over (a few weeks ago). I didn't forward my emails, they forwarded them for me (awesome right?). I can still access AKO, the problem is that my AKO mail only has my old emails, all of the news ones have been forwarded and for whatever reason when I click on Enterprise Email it sends me a forbidden page/error. Enterprise's helpline should be open today. A member PM'd me yesterday, if they cant help me get it open then I'll try the helpline.

Last edited:

ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    The migration was automatic and will be completed Army wide by this summer, no he didn't have a choice. Have you been able to use the CAC login on AKO? I know a few browsers had issues with CAC login, but anything that it works on will access the EE.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    Just another thing done by big army to make AKO harder for us...I'm glad I use my personal yahoo address for everything.

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've had no problem accessing AKO on any of my browsers, but it gives me the same error on all the browsers I've tried. I was on hold with them this morning before I got cut off. Ill try again later.

IamYou

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2014
    Morocco
    So this is the deal, since the switch from AKO email to Enterprise I haven't been able to access it on a Mac. No one at my unit has a clue of how to get it up and running, and the outlook hotline isn't open today. Was hoping someone on here is using it and has some insight of how to make it work. Any help is appreciated.

I followed the steps from here: http://enterprise-email.org/accessing-enterprise-email-owa/

Top Bottom