EOTechs, someone splain to me

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    http://www.eotech-inc.com/

511 - N battery, no NV
    512 - AA battery, no NV
    516 - CR123A battery, side buttons, raised 7mm
    551 - N battery, NV
    552 - AA battery, NV
    553 - CR123A battery, NV, ARMS throw levers
    556 - CR123A battery, NV, buttons on left instead of rear, raised 7mm

there are a few others but those are the main ones.

magnifiers are obviously for better view at medium range targets since the eotech is 1x (no) magnification.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    512 FTW, good battery life, readily available replacement batteries. I can pull in a stop n' rob at 0400 and get batteries if needed, dont think they stock N cells.

I do wish they had a low cost CR123 model, standard mount no NV. That way I could keep all my spare batteries the same

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    ahh, thats a new one. I dont need the raised 7mm tho, I use a Larue mount. any higher and my back up sights are just extra weight. And no, I'm not ditching my Larue mount! its too damn convenient.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    take off the mount and the 7mm still gives you a lower 1/3 cowitness :p

but not the guaranteed return to zero that the Larue mount gives. I like being able to take it off for cleaning, etc. without having to go to the range the next day and readjust my zero. With the normal screw on mount it would throw my zero off about 6 inches in random directions, none of that with Larue.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I see the majority of you here have EOTechs. Is there any reason ya'll decided to go with an EOTech instead of an Aimpoint CompM3? I know this is the old Aimpoint vs. EOTech argument but I plan on getting an optic with my Bush tax rebate and was leaning towards an Aimpoint. I guess I'll just have to look through both of them and see which one suits me best. So what made you decide to go with an EOTech?

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I like the Eotech reticle better, its alot bigger and, I feel, faster to acquire. Alot of it is personal preference. Since your in BR feel free to meet me somewhere and take a look through mine. I'm sure other members will make similar offers. Somebody around here has to have an aimpoint mounted. If you live around the South-East side of the parish I work that area and have my AR with me daily.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks for the offer topgunz. I am supposed to be off of work tomorrow and that would be a good time for me. I don't know what your schedule is so I'll send you a message tomorrow and maybe I could view your optic. I live within 3 minutes of Prairieville so I'm not far away at all.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I find the EO Tech much faster when engagimg movers. In fact thats what it was really desinged for. I find that the reticle tracks faster. I will say that it was the first Electro-Optic sight I learned to use so that may make me biased.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    EOTech's are nice, but the gear is only as good as the user. I make it a mental note to change my batteries (AA) as much as I change the air filter in the house which is every 90 days. So it cost me roughly 7 bucks a year to operate. Regardless of use, I dont want a EOtech that doesn't work. If it wont power up its just glass.

I did acquire a NIB ReflexII that I am liking. No batteries, single POA POI triangle, haven't mounted it yet. Trying to save it for my next build. who knows I might sell it, if i dont like it.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    ditto on the Reflex II. I picked one up a couple weeks back, and I like it. I like the fact it doesnt require batteries, and when outside in the bright light, the reticle gets brighter due to the fiber optics, no need to adjust settings to the light conditions.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'd like to take a look through the Reflex II. The only pics I can find online show that the "cross hairs" are some sort of Chevron. Is that accurate?

Top Bottom