EOTechs, someone splain to me

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Sorry to hijack your Eotech thread Spanky;),

With the Weaver mount, the iron sights (Removable carry handle) and standard FSB are in alignment, maybe the flattop mount would be more of a lower 1/3 cowitness?

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I use LaRue Mounts. I think they have the best throw lever type mounts. I don't like Irons on a fighting rifle. Optics are just better and faster in every way. Personally Im not a fan of night sights. I don't even use them on pistols. If I am shooting at someone at night then I need a light not a glowing dot.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I use LaRue Mounts. I think they have the best throw lever type mounts. I don't like Irons on a fighting rifle. Optics are just better and faster in every way. Personally Im not a fan of night sights. I don't even use them on pistols. If I am shooting at someone at night then I need a light not a glowing dot.

Just like you have BUIS...

What's wrong with having them as a backup?

(This coming from the guy with a 6P on his belt and a TRL-1 that goes on his 19 every night when it comes out the holster and goes by the bed.)

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    To clarify I do use BUIS on my rifles. What I was trying to say is that I am not a member of the Irons instead of Optics club. As far as the night sights thing goes I just haven't ever felt like I gained anything from having them on my rifle. I use a tritium front ony my pistols because it helps me pick up the front sight faster not because it helps me shoot at night. No night sight helps you see the target better and I am not comfortable shooting targets I can't see. The exception being open combat where I am shooting at a bad guy through his cover.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    IMO, the Micros are neat but they have the same flaw as the Comp M series; I find it difficult to shoot with both eyse open and still see through the smallis focal opening. That is one of the reasons I am an EO-Tech fan.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I see the majority of you here have EOTechs. Is there any reason ya'll decided to go with an EOTech instead of an Aimpoint CompM3? I know this is the old Aimpoint vs. EOTech argument but I plan on getting an optic with my Bush tax rebate and was leaning towards an Aimpoint. I guess I'll just have to look through both of them and see which one suits me best. So what made you decide to go with an EOTech?

I have an EOTech, Aimpoint, and ACOG on three different AR-15s. My only complaint about the EOTech is that the N version burns batteries too quickly.

Top Bottom