Everyone selling guns and not trading trend…

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It’s closer to, and more exact, if I am selling a firearm and we make a deal sight unseen, and a kid shows up to conduct a transaction, or someone with an out of state license, or Cheech and Chong show up in the weed wagon I’m wallking.

if you and I make a deal then you show up, and you tell me never mind, my item is no longer for sale, that’s your prerogative. I may not like it, but it’s your option.

Most people on this site, me included, if we say we will meet, or we have a deal, you can book it.

I personally have sold 2 firearms I changed my mind on, but followed through because of my word. I didn’t offer the item to anyone else, but I stuck to my word and followed through.

The people on here are honest, upright, and true to their word, for the most part.

Honest, upright, and true to their word? Is that why you blamed the mods for misunderstanding your complaint when we thought the reason for the complaint was the reason you listed on the complaint? For some reason you are still bitter about this after more than 1-1/2 years. Based on what you are saying now, you were not truthful regarding the nature of your complain and you are upset that the mods and admins believed you. You keep saying this thing about him backing out because of a bos and you had the messages to back that up but I can find no record of you reporting someone for not wanting a bos and no record of you showing any of the talked about messages. You keep saying that a meeting was set up but I can't find those messages either.

Meanwhile, I communicated with the other party. His version of the story more closely matched the version in your complaint. Your initial version was you were going to meet him on Thursday or Friday but he sold it on Wednesday. His version was that you expressed interest in the item and said you wouldn't be able to meet him until Thursday or Friday and he had a buyer who could buy it on Wednesday. It wasn't until you were told your complaint didn't contain anything actionable that you said anything about a bos. And even then there wasn't a big link between you telling him you needed a bill of sale and him selling to someone else.

To refresh your memory, here is the message I sent you after your complaint"

In the reported ad, you are claiming he sold the item out from under you and you provided the message you sent to him. You did not, however, provide his response. The message you provided only shows you would like to buy it and you would be willing to set up a meeting time. There is nothing provided that shows a meeting time was set up and a deal was made.

And here is your reply:

the point is two fold,

one i I have a seller saying I wasn’t sure I wanted a pistol or not, when I clearly stated I’ll take it here is my number

the 2nd I also say I need a bill of sale and he sells to someone else, may be an issue.

The beginning of the classifieds is pinned to make sure to at least have a bill of sale.

Coincidently my one remaining ad I see just moments later **************** making a 2nd negative remark on it. I have bought and sold 9 times from / through here and had my share of no shows, and changed minds etc. just trying to point out a potential issue.

No no problem you guys want to remove me from the site for contributing positively to post and buying and selling here go ahead. Just makes our community weaker.

SMH

So, again, given the information in your initial complaint, how did we, the mods and admins, misunderstand the reason for the complaint. How is it a misunderstanding on our part to believe your complaint was that he sold the gun out from under you when you listed the reason for your complaint as he sold the gun out from under you?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Honest, upright, and true to their word? Is that why you blamed the mods for misunderstanding your complaint when we thought the reason for the complaint was the reason you listed on the complaint? For some reason you are still bitter about this after more than 1-1/2 years. Based on what you are saying now, you were not truthful regarding the nature of your complain and you are upset that the mods and admins believed you. You keep saying this thing about him backing out because of a bos and you had the messages to back that up but I can find no record of you reporting someone for not wanting a bos and no record of you showing any of the talked about messages. You keep saying that a meeting was set up but I can't find those messages either.

Meanwhile, I communicated with the other party. His version of the story more closely matched the version in your complaint. Your initial version was you were going to meet him on Thursday or Friday but he sold it on Wednesday. His version was that you expressed interest in the item and said you wouldn't be able to meet him until Thursday or Friday and he had a buyer who could buy it on Wednesday. It wasn't until you were told your complaint didn't contain anything actionable that you said anything about a bos. And even then there wasn't a big link between you telling him you needed a bill of sale and him selling to someone else.

To refresh your memory, here is the message I sent you after your complaint"

And here is your reply:

So, again, given the information in your initial complaint, how did we, the mods and admins, misunderstand the reason for the complaint. How is it a misunderstanding on our part to believe your complaint was that he sold the gun out from under you when you listed the reason for your complaint as he sold the gun out from under you?
    Two sides to every story. I think the best part is even if the guy didn’t want to do a bill of sale and that’s the sole reason he ghosted still isn’t a valid complaint imo.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I can’t say I disagree with anything you’ve said but except assuming someone didn’t want to do a bill of sale makes them shady. Don’t get me wrong if it was some newer member with no feedback or someone I didn’t know then yes I treat a private sale completely different. Maybe I was wrong in assuming you were dealing with a well established member. If we’re talking someone completely random who I don’t recognize at all, or someone who has no user history for me to evaluate, or a brand new member to be honest I usually don’t even entertain them. I’m not saying that’s the right or wrong way of doing things it’s just how I do it.
    That’s exactly what it was. 2019 I think. That and the message that used to be pinned on the site.

I have gotten items with no BOS, but established people and members on here a while. I just do a screenshot to include the date of conversation as a “just in case”

That covers us at work according to our attorneys, not sure for a criminal case. Not even sure how it would be tracked around if there is no BOS record anywhere.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    That covers us at work according to our attorneys, not sure for a criminal case. Not even sure how it would be tracked around if there is no BOS record anywhere.
    As has been said a million times in this and other conversations on here, it's not legally required, but in my experience, 99% of folks are fine with a BOS. No BOS just means more potential hassle if the 5.0 comes knocking on your door with questions relating to a bad actor you did business with.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Two sides to every story. I think the best part is even if the guy didn’t want to do a bill of sale and that’s the sole reason he ghosted still isn’t a valid complaint imo.

In the marketplace rules, there is a line that says "If someone does not want to utilize a Bill of Sale, please notify site staff, immediately, as this is a common red flag of a scammer." There are a number of red flags and not wanting a bos is one of them. That does not mean, however, everyone who doesn't want a bos is a scammer. There are a number of other flags as well. Any one flag may not mean much. But the more flags, the more we watch someone. But that doesn't really apply here as the report was that the gun was sold out from under the not-a-buyer. The unsubstantiated bos issue was only mentioned after it had been said the complaint wasn't something the site could do anything about.

Since both initial stories seemed to match (the seller sold the weapon someone before the not-a-buyer was free to meet) there's no way to conclude the seller sold it out from under the not-a-buyer because of the bos. That would be akin to someone calling best buy, asking if an item was in stock, telling them he or she would be coming in on thursday or friday to get it, going full karen because they sold it to another customer after they knew he/she wanted the item, then later telling everyone best buy only sold it to someone else because they didn't like his/her debit card.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    A couple things occur to me in reading through these posts.

1. I had a guy not hold his end of the deal on a shotgun not long ago. For me these are leisurely transactions and I'm sure not looking for some moderator to handle my business for me, nor do I care much whether I get feedback or not. That's so Ebay-ish but I guess it's helpful to some and yes, I've gone and looked at a few members profiles before meeting F2F. But if I make a deal here and get ghosted or bested, I've never wet my britches over it. That's life and I fully expect there to be douchebags among us.
    2. I've had some great trades in here and one comes to mind where I believe the other guy got a higher monetary value, but I got the gun I wanted which made me feel good. He looked at my 4" sw patrolman and then looked at me like, "are you serious?". If he reads this he might "like" this post cause that gun he got sure keeps climbing in value. But even still, I am happy with my SP101. For me that's what makes trading so cool. It seems for some others, the only thing they're looking at is today's market in dollars. Simply put, there are "pimps" among us.

Good night!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Alot of people on here complaining about prices of items they dont have to buy.
    I don’t think it’s that I just think people are smart with their money. Why buy second hand when you can buy brand new for the same price or often times cheaper than what someone here is asking. So many people here myself included overpaid for stuff in 2020-2021 guns, ammo, accessories, and so on. I think alot of these people posting either A.) don’t want to lose money from what they originally invested. B.) only look at the price of an item from the place they purchased it from or maybe one or two places instead of searching online to see what the item is currently selling for. It seems like some people don’t understand that market values change and change often. Paying msrp for a Glock in 2020 was a normal thing. Most people couldn’t keep them on the shelves for longer than a couple hours. Fast forward to now and it would be absurd to pay msrp for a Glock when you can walk into any local gun shop or big box store and get one for cheaper.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I don’t think it’s that I just think people are smart with their money. Why buy second hand when you can buy brand new for the same price or often times cheaper than what someone here is asking. So many people here myself included overpaid for stuff in 2020-2021 guns, ammo, accessories, and so on. I think alot of these people posting either A.) don’t want to lose money from what they originally invested. B.) only look at the price of an item from the place they purchased it from or maybe one or two places instead of searching online to see what the item is currently selling for. It seems like some people don’t understand that market values change and change often. Paying msrp for a Glock in 2020 was a normal thing. Most people couldn’t keep them on the shelves for longer than a couple hours. Fast forward to now and it would be absurd to pay msrp for a Glock when you can walk into any local gun shop or big box store and get one for cheaper.
    Yep I agree. Not only that, but there are a good bit of us that are law enforcement and or prior and current military and can participate in the Glock Blue Line program. I just bought a Glock 47 last week for $489. Do you really think I’m going to by BillyBob’s Glock 47 for $700? But wait, he is selling it with 1 extra mag and night sights…. Roflol I will pass on that…. Now you can only purchase 2 per year, but you get perks when you actually make sacrifices. You can buy Gen 5 Glocks for $425-$475 with the Blue Line. I’ll never buy a used Glock again.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Alot of people on here complaining about prices of items they dont have to buy.
    Call me skeptical or whatever you will but my initial thought when someone prices a used firearm above retail price is to question who they are marketing it to. it's one thing if demand is high and supply isn't available to get a premium but under normal circumstances there is no good reason to post a used firearm with no add ons etc. for more than you can walk into any brick and mortar and pay. The only person in their right mind that would pay that kind of prices is one that cannot walk into a brick and mortar and buy said firearm.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I'd pay retail or even slightly more simply for the ability to fly under the radar of the radical gun grabbers nowadays.
    I'm not in the market for much but I do plan to add one more before too long.
    I recently picked up a .17 HMR bolt rifle that way. Ruger American Compact, found one never fired, bare rifle (no optics), paid $500 with a good heart.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    I just read the whole thread, and it is interesting to see the various viewpoints, and even some specifics on certain deals. I certainly agree on many points. I like to trade and often do so to obtain what I want. I usually explain why I'm trading, what I have and justification for the value, and what I want and am willing to settle for. I usually list a discount in order to convince you to trade, and have been successful. Here's one of my trade listings from several years ago, offered as an example of a trade listing that got results. I wish everyone would be as specific.

"WTT: Original M84 Scope fits M1C or M1D Garand

Probably not for everyone, just those collectors and enthusiasts trying to build a correct M1D Garand Sniper Rifle. Up for trade is an original issue M84 Scope with M1D mount, and it is priced for trade at less than 70% of fair market value. It’s not new, it’s not a repro, it’s not without a few minor imperfections. However it is authentic, functional, looks good, and would be perfect for your M1D Sniper Rifle Build.

I’ve had this scope for close to 20 years and had always planned to convert my CMP M1 Garand into an M1D. However time has gone by and my priorities have changed. I’ve got plenty of rifles with scopes, I like my Garand the way it is (even took off the NM sights to restore it to issue condition), and want to expand my C&R collection, thus the trade offer. Photos below will show the condition of the scope. If you can’t see them, there are minor scratches, bluing wear, some enamel off the turrets, and 3 black spots (flaking, I’m told) in the optics.

First the value: REPLICAS are available at $449 from Sarco for those who just want a look-alike copy. On Gunbroker, original M84 scopes with mounts have recently SOLD for $1379 (item #329130866) and $1249 (item #329132193). The M1D mount alone has SOLD for $255.55, $245.00, and $308.93, while the scope alone has SOLD for $799.00, $799.00, and $815.00. Prices are similar on other sites. These are SOLD prices, so I’m appropriately fixing the fair value of my scope and mount package at $1200.

I would like to trade for an original M1903A3 or M1903 (Springfield preferred) rifle in military configuration. These average $595 from CMP when they have them, $700-800 from James River Armory, and around $800 on Gunbroker, so the value advantage would be on your side. I doubt you’ll ever find a less-expensive original M84 scope. Other trades would be considered, but would like to keep in the area of US military weapons. I already have civilian versions of the AR15, M14, M1 Garand, Trapdoor Springfield, M9 Beretta, and M1911 .45.

For additional information on the M84 scope, use the link below to Fulton Armory’s page for an interesting read: http://www.fulton-armory.com/\faqs\M1G-FAQs\M1D_M84.htm. There is also a good discussion on how to tell the difference between a real M84 and a forgery at http://forums.thecmp.org/archive/index.php/t-16129.html

I periodically travel all over the state and would prefer to do a face to face trade to allow mutual satisfaction. Contact me thru pm, BS email."

Again, the above is just an example of a successful trade offer. Listed for what it's worth.

"

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    Id pay retail on a used gun if its close to me. If i can shoot it before i buy it. I've bought new guns to find out i didnt like it. Extra mags and ammo are a plus.

BlazeM

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 27, 2023
    Denham Springs, La.
    Just completed a trade today with an outstanding member! Communications between us was great, both were accommodating and even though he had to work, his son came in his place (pre arranged) and everything went flawlessly! Yes!!! there are still a few good people left.

Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    I did a deal a few weeks ago with a new member on BS. We met, traded and everything was great. The next week, I guess he had traders remorse, he called asking to buy his original gun back. Being the straight forward guy he was and didn't try to ******** me, we agreed to a fair price, now he has 2 guns and I am $500 happier!

balessi

Bayou Bernie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Independence, LA
    It seems like trading guns right now are at a screeching halt. Wasn’t long ago when you looked at ads on BayouShooter and you could see blue WTT more than you would see green WTS on all types of ads. What gives? I enjoy trading as do most people I come in contact with over the past few years I have been on this site. Now trying to trade with people is harder than finding a leprechaun at the bottom of a rainbow… I realize times are getting tough will “sniffy pedo” in charge, but everyone trying to sell what they have is a huge Debbie downer…. I have had some pretty decent higher end guns for a while and they were the hardest things to move in a long time. I have so many phone numbers saved in my phone from trades and such, but they are all tight as a well diggers anus right now…. Is everyone paranoid about the new aliens they decided to finally admit to? Ok that’s a whole different subject we need to start a thread on lol. I’m heating up the popcorn so we can watch this show. Please play nice boys and keep it clean. I’m just curious…
    I like trading also when it makes both parties happy. Why not?

balessi

Bayou Bernie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Independence, LA
    Well the truth is...they can and I don't see why you couldn't either. It has nothing to do with "think what i want". It's not hard to look it up on gun.deals or on reddit. So they can buy a new one at your asking price or you can lower your price and they will settle for your in great condition used rifle. Sometimes you get that person who doesn't mind paying close to retail because they want it now.
    Can I post a pistol for sale on the Bayou Shooter website? If so , how do I do it?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom