Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/22221751.2020.1729071

From the Journal of Emerging Microbes and Infections.
    Looks like 2019-nCoV does show in feces in the later stages of infection.
    Doesn’t mean it had to go through the alimentary system.
    More positive tests were achieved via fecal swabs versus oral swabs.

Doesn’t mean farts will transmit it but it definitely does mean oral/anal transmission is viable.

Wash your hands.
    And yes, this also means definitely no assplay.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Doesn’t mean farts will transmit it but it definitely does mean oral/anal transmission is viable.

Wash your hands.

Well there goes my weekend.:biglaugh:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Wash your hands.

Great!

They can tell if Corona is having a party in my a$$hole, but still can't tell us how long it stays viable on a toilet seat!

We need more answers medical people!

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    The bad takeaway from this is that patients are being discharged from hospitals after negative results on oral swabs while they may still be shedding virus (able to infect others) via fecal contamination.
    It is not known how long the virus sheds in feces after recovery.

Wash your hands!

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs

Wash your hands.

Will make for some Interesting scenes at the drive through testing sites if they decided that’s the best test method.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The bad takeaway from this is that patients are being discharged from hospitals after negative results on oral swabs while they may still be shedding virus (able to infect others) via fecal contamination.
    It is not known how long the virus sheds in feces after recovery.

Wash your hands!
    Yeah!
    And don’t play in the poo!

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    There are emergency responders going into peoples’ homes to treat them. Some of these people are positive for Covid 19 with respiratory issues that the treatment provided helps to aerosolize the virus. The providers are correctly wearing the PPE. So far of roughly 3,700 EMS providers in the state who go into people’s homes and treat patients in their contaminated homes about 37 are considered exposures and roughly 10 have tested positive. All of which have returned to work so far. Thank God for watching out for them and that the PPE plus training has worked so far for them.

Please continue to follow the CDC’s recommendations and please turn off the 24 news cycle. I hope everyone of you and your families comes through this without any injuries or deaths.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Now, what I would like to see is less commentary from Tony Fauci outside of the Task Force. He falls for the phony corrupt media's gotcha questions way too often! He is obviously a brilliantly educated man, but he is not skilled enough in avoiding shameless partisanship! These phony parasites use that poor bastard like a sanitary wipe!

I knew it was just a matter of time. Amazing how people soon forget that everything they said is going to be on tape somewhere.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...weets-supporter-calling-for-fauci-to-be-fired

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    On another note:

I had to go to the Highland Road Home Depot on Saturday. The place was packed! I was wearing disposable gloves and a bandana over my face. Most weren't!

It appears that "people" are starting to get antsy! It appeared (at least to me), that the general consensus of that crowd was; "Screw it! I've had enough of this crap! Damn it, I need to plant some gardenia's!"

:dunno:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You may remember that much of this crisis (particularly the massive quarantines, and the eventual death of the US economy), was based almost solely on the fear of how many would potentially die from it if we didn't sacrifice it all at the altar of prudence. Early estimates (models?), projected as much as 40% of those infected would die from this virus. Those same models went on to project as many as 2.2 million deaths in the US alone!!! Admittedly, that is a lot and on face value, extremely scary. Considering that no one knew for sure, and that we were being lied to from the onset by China and their puppets at the WHO, were I Trump; I would have most likely arrived at the same conclusion.

Here we are, just over a month in and last night, a professor of the medical sciences at Stanford says that he and his colleagues are compiling data that shows the death rate of this Virus may be as low as .03 or 3 people per thousand infected. For those of you not carefully paying attention, that is less than an average Flu season. He doesn't seem to be the only one either.

What does it mean? It means that we (as a country collectively), may have irreparably damaged this country for the foreseeable future (no one knows for sure), erring on the side of caution. As hard as that is to swallow now, hindsight is 20/20. We had no choice!

Other than dummies, it is no wonder why people are starting to have had enough! Look at what we've done to ourselves, our economy, our kids educations, our national debt, our civil liberties, our businesses?

I've said there will be a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking after this is all said and done, but we need to demand answers and accountability!

Consider that Trump has access to the most sensitive data concerning this, and you can clearly see why he is so adamant about trying to resurrect this economy sooner than later.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    So looking at Louisiana's page for Covid-19 it looks like the mortality rate is hovering at about 4.7%. So it is larger than the .03% for the flu but not as bad as first predicted.

I also checked the john Hopkins map and they are showing 601472 total cases and 24429 deaths nationwide which still comes out to around 4% death rate. I don't think it is as mild as the flu but it isn't the 20% predicted in the beginning either.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    So looking at Louisiana's page for Covid-19 it looks like the mortality rate is hovering at about 4.7%. So it is larger than the .03% for the flu but not as bad as first predicted.

I also checked the john Hopkins map and they are showing 601472 total cases and 24429 deaths nationwide which still comes out to around 4% death rate. I don't think it is as mild as the flu but it isn't the 20% predicted in the beginning either.

My prediction for when all is said and done that the mortality rate will normalize in the low 4% range worldwide.
    Don’t know where these low figures are coming from.
    John Hopkins and Harvard are both at ~4%.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    My prediction for when all is said and done that the mortality rate will normalize in the low 4% range worldwide.

One thing I keep hearing is they are testing people who died from other concerns and calling them COVID deaths. Also I hear New York is listing ‘presumed’ COVID deaths in there death toll.

The longer this goes the more I start to wonder if this wasn’t an accident. Now we know the Chinese are proven liars, but somehow they contained this thing in a country where social distancing is impossible and is one of the filthiest overcrowded places on earth. But some how it has spread to some of the most rural settings in America.

Really makes me wonder if I should grab the Reynolds wrap.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    One thing I keep hearing is they are testing people who died from other concerns and calling them COVID deaths. Also I hear New York is listing ‘presumed’ COVID deaths in there death toll.

The longer this goes the more I start to wonder if this wasn’t an accident. Now we know the Chinese are proven liars, but somehow they contained this thing in a country where social distancing is impossible and is one of the filthiest overcrowded places on earth. But some how it has spread to some of the most rural settings in America.

Really makes me wonder if I should grab the Reynolds wrap.

Believe me, healthcare providers have far too much to do other than presuming everyone who is positive from the virus died from the virus.
    Sometimes misdiagnosis occurs but I firmly believe there is no conspiracy.

Why is it showing up in remote rural areas?
    It’s incredibly contagious.

None of this is rocket surgery.
    Just simple disease vector plotting.

And I do agree, the Chinese government is not trustworthy.
    But remember that the population of China isn’t 100% complicit with the disinformation.
    They’re victims too.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

He quantified their early findings with the addition of the likely 10's possibly 100's of thousands that will end up having had it with no symptoms or little or none to even report they had it. He claims they did the legwork to proclaim this. For all their faults as a douchee phony liberal university, Stanford is well regarded!?!

I personally know a husband and wife that swear they had this in late March, but just toughed it out at home with regular flu/cold home remediation. She had the worse symptoms of fever, persistent dry cough, and tightness of the chest; he just felt like he had a bad head cold.

When the anti-body test is fully deployed across the country, is when the head scratching will really begin. Additionally, how many people who may have had it without actually knowing or doing anything about it will even bother getting tested post-virus? My guess is that will be 10's of thousands!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Believe me, healthcare providers have far too much to do other than presuming everyone who is positive from the virus died from the virus.

But remember that the population of China isn’t 100% complicit with the disinformation.
    They’re victims too.

Agreed on almost all points here.

I do have one skepticism concerning the bazillions of dollars that these states are getting to cover costs. That being, if you can claim more expenses related to CoVID, you can keep more of the federal dollars. That is usually how that works. Also, why would a hospital all of a sudden say they decided not to charge the US taxpayers $100 per aspirin out of the goodness of their hearts? The forks they are bringing to the federal money trough will need 3 people to lift!

I really do sincerely hope we will get all of those answers when it's all said and done, but the election will be right around the corner after this and the phony's will move on to more BS related to hating Trump. We'll again be left holding the bag.

Last edited:

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    When you count every single death as covid(except murder) the number looks like 4%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

They’re victims too.

I guess my point about the Chinese if all variables are equal (between us and China) the Chinese are far more susceptible by lifestyle an social norms than we are but they seem to have contained this thing. Oddly enough not before they gave it to the world.

Top Bottom