Exodus!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    I tried this back in 2013 and failed to gain traction in Shreveport, or convince the family to pull up stakes.
    But now I have clearance from the tower and we are putting in place steps to move out of this democratic stronghold that is Illinois.

Friends let me tell you what it is like to live among the morally superior, the highly intelligent, the self aware, the politically perfect......the indoctrinated.
    People who will tell you how they have read the right books and have the higher level of learning and think at a far higher level then any conservative.
    People who basically have no idea how things work, who have guzzled the kool aid of leftist leanings, who would like nothing more then to see the whole country thrown into chaos for the sake of their social beliefs.

I can go on and on about the failed policies of this state's government and the pending collapse of it's infrastructure, but it's not news to anyone, and really a waste of breathe.

What I'm most concerned about is the feeling of the encroaching "blue states" squeezing out it's conservative taxpaying base, chasing them off to another "red state" then having left thinking, left voting taxpayers do the same and change the political landscape in the state they land in.

I'm seeing more and more red counties in red states like Texas and Florida turn blue, to the point of the state possibly swinging blue. States like Ohio and Pennsylvania.

I sound like a hypocrite since I'm running from a blue state instead of trying to "fix" it. but there is no fixing this deeply rooted mindset. I have real fears about this mindset, in time, overwhelming the conservative beliefs of the American people.

I'm moving to a very red state because of my beliefs and to ensure my family has a chance to still live a free life. But what happens when left leaning people also move to those states and radically change that state? Usually for the worse. Where will there be left to move to? Just like the rest of the world, they look to us. Where will they look to when we're not here?

How can we impose democracy throughout the world, and overthrow tyrants and free oppressed people and change hearts and minds when we can't even change our own neighbors hearts and minds with what I believe are very convincing facts and history?

If you're a Democrat and disagree with me, you have every right to. But please, just show me where any democratic policies ever worked. I'm not the brightest bulb in the drawer, and am not going to win any debate or witty comeback contest, but I still haven't heard anything from the left that is progressive and good for the whole country.

Last edited:

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I do not understand the mentality from a lot of people fleeing Blue States. People are fleeing California in droves because of High Taxes and oppressive laws. They are moving to places like Houston, Dallas, and Austin. Yet they come to Texas and vote for the same oppressive taxes and laws to implemented there. Something is majorly wrong with their minds. Almost like Battered Wife syndrome. You are correct. Texas and Florida are about to Turn Blue forever just like California. It was a good run but this country is over. In the next 5years their will be no difference between the United States and Europe.

Oh and guns are no illegal in Europe.... You just have to be Wealthy to own them.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    Congratulations, you will be much happier.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank You!

I agree about being much happier. You can feel the madness get washed away as you put distance between Chicago. Even the driving is calmer.

I just pray it stays that way.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    I do not understand the mentality from a lot of people fleeing Blue States. People are fleeing California in droves because of High Taxes and oppressive laws. They are moving to places like Houston, Dallas, and Austin. Yet they come to Texas and vote for the same oppressive taxes and laws to implemented there. Something is majorly wrong with their minds. Almost like Battered Wife syndrome. You are correct. Texas and Florida are about to Turn Blue forever just like California. It was a good run but this country is over. In the next 5years their will be no difference between the United States and Europe.

Oh and guns are no illegal in Europe.... You just have to be Wealthy to own them.

That's the biggest problem I see. The blue coastal states destroy their economy, the people who voted in the "destroyers" like the policies but don't want to be the ones paying the bill, so they move to a healthier state to protect their money, then seek the same leftist destroyers in the new state because they still have that shared, corrosive, leftist belief and are too smart to realize that the reason their newly adopted state is financially healthy is because of conservative beliefs and values.

A friend of mine refers it as the "Free **** Army" It's all about fairness, equality and feelings.....As long as somebody else pays the bill.

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    I would like to know how many blue state movers are actually blue. I would think a bunch are red voters. I think it's funny people always say the Demonrats are moving to my state and screwing things up.
    If you are red and live in a blue state I think you're will to move would be greater than if you are blue in a blue state.
    If we had true election results these states might not be so blue.
    I may have misspelled a word in this.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I would like to know how many blue state movers are actually blue. I would think a bunch are red voters. I think it's funny people always say the Demonrats are moving to my state and screwing things up.
    If you are red and live in a blue state I think you're will to move would be greater than if you are blue in a blue state.

From the research that I have done, it seems that many of the movers are "blue."

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    The movers are mostly blues moving to a red state. You see it with California especially. They are moving to Idaho, Nevada and Arizona where those states were solid red before they are turning purple to straight blue in some parts. Austin, TX is where a lot of tech companies are moving due to low cost and low taxes and their California workforce is moving with them to be able to buy more with their California income and it is blue already just wait until Tesla finishes their move.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL

I don't see any spelling errors:D

I know there are blue voters moving out of the state. My concern is their motives. Didn't they tell people to move to Georgia just to tip the scales on the senate elections? There are people who will move just to do that.

I used to think that Texas would secede and I was hoping to get there before they build their northern wall. Now I'm glad we didn't get there.

TN isn't LA but I keep getting closer.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom