Extreme Close Quarters Concepts...WTFO?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    www.ShivWorks.com is the website for SouthNarc. SN has become rather wellknown over the last four or five years for his rather unique take on training. Here are some vid clips.:

ECQC Overview [Embedding Not Allowed]

youtube.com/watch?v=iN7cbMxGMLs

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eprLkelgB3M]Vehicle Problem[/ame]

Another case of VBJJ [Embedding Not Allowed]

youtube.com/watch?v=iPySwhoGNDw

More

IFWA

It's not your daddy's pistol class but it is hands-down the most important course that I've ever taken. And that opinion has been echoed by a whole lot of people from all walks of life with all sorts of diverse backgrounds.

Fair disclosure, I pestered SN to teach the first one back in 04 and assisted with the vast majority of ECQC classes over the next two years, so I'm not exactly unbaised but if you google 'SouthNarc' & 'training' you'll find plenty of AARs.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Would you recommend SouthNarc or Tactical Response for Force on Force? Or are their courses not geared to the same dynamic?

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Would you recommend SouthNarc or Tactical Response for Force on Force? Or are their courses not geared to the same dynamic?

Completely different animals. SouthNarc uses sims & fist helmets to pressure test certain skill sets in isolation. Tactical Response's 'The Fight' is a scenario based class. Both are important areas of study. SouthNarc's course needs to be on everyone's short list either right before or right after a core pistol class.

Structured force-on-force should be plugged in as early as possible once a solid framework is in place.

fm2

Juiceman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Texas
    It's not your daddy's pistol class but it is hands-down the most important course that I've ever taken. And that opinion has been echoed by a whole lot of people from all walks of life with all sorts of diverse backgrounds.

Fair disclosure, I pestered SN to teach the first one back in 04 and assisted with the vast majority of ECQC classes over the next two years, so I'm not exactly unbaised but if you google 'SouthNarc' & 'training' you'll find plenty of AARs.

Amen to the revolutionary class known as ECQC. I had been asking/looking/ bugging people about intigrated training for years. All I got was blank stares, "why? I'd just shoot'em", and cliche's in response. Nobody wanted to practice that stuff.

The video is from the Oct. ECQC class in Houston. It's Godzilla & I working a car evolution. Be honest, do those pants make my ass look fat?

fm2

Juiceman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Texas
    LOL, Don't tell me the ugly truth, just tell me a pretty lie.

Hey, I guess I shoulda worn camo like Godzilla! :doh:

fm2

Juiceman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Texas
    Now my wife wants to do this too !

That's great news.

There's an upcoming class near Houston March 27-29. There's 2 women already registered for the class. Come on out, I'll by y'all a Rootbeer.

Quickdraw22, SouthNarc has a defensive knife class called IEK. It's usually the Fri. night class before an ECQC weekend. Unfortunately the Fri. night class in Houston is PUC (unarmed combat). It's a solid class that fits nicely with the knife & gun work.

There's also DVD's here: http://www.mdtactical.com/shivworks.htm

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Quickdraw22, SouthNarc has a defensive knife class called IEK. It's usually the Fri. night class before an ECQC weekend. Unfortunately the Fri. night class in Houston is PUC (unarmed combat). It's a solid class that fits nicely with the knife & gun work.

There's also DVD's here: http://www.mdtactical.com/shivworks.htm

Hey, Ferrell,

Good to see you here. I'm planning to be at the Houston class, if all goes right.:D

QD22, I'm doing a four hour knife block the Friday evening before the RPM class in Thibodeaux. They'll be some amazing similarities with IEK.:mamoru:

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    You know, the only time I ever bled in an ECQC class was due to a 'honey', as you say, splitting my grape open with a Glock 17T down in Florida.:p

What was that Kipling said about the 'female of the species'?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom