F-Class Field Precision Rifle (FPR)- Officially Kicks Off March 12, 2011

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Between the reloading class and this thread y'all just busted my bank account. Got this so I can play.

Now to cook up some loads.

Have to miss the March match but I may make the April match.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    For the match there are a couple of things you may want to bring with you-
    1- A mat of some kind to lay on. You can lay on the ground, if you wish, but a mat keeps you from getting dirty and gives some support. A piece of carpet works as a mat, too.
    2- A spotting scope or pair of binoculars for scoring
    3- A folding chair, so you can sit while scoring

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    After discussion, a competitor may shoot using a sling in place of the bipod. This will be added to the rules. They will compete in the No Back Bag class.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Just a reminder that this will kick-off this Saturday. If you're coming out to shoot, registration is between 7:30 and 8:00 AM. Hope to see you there. The weather is supposed to be nice.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    WHEW.....what a great match we had! 12 competitors braved the mild 60 degree temperatures and abundant sunshine to try their hand at the new Field Precision Rifle competition today at Palo Alto. We had a few guys amongst the group who have never shot 600yds before, but with a little coaching and advice from xmeister they were ringing the 10 ring in no time. Everything went smoothly with some good pit work, good scoring, and first class match directors. hehe

IMG_0684.jpg

kz45 getting his gear ready and lining up before his relay...
    IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

Our own retired TV celebrity....saxmanson, tries his hand shooting in the Palo Alto winds.
    IMG_0687.jpg

Some pictures of a few of the other competitors. Sorry if I didn't catch your screen names guys, but I forget my own half the time.
    IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

I feel that with the success of today's match this is going to be something that catches on fast. The guys shooting blind magazines seemed to feel the restriction of not being able to load and shoot as fast and those who were pushing AR's and DBM bolt actions were able to concentrate on wind and changing conditions more. All in all I think everyone had a great time and we're all greatly looking forward to next month!!

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    Had a great time today. The winds as always made things interesting. I want to give a big thanks to Ted (Ritten), Rick (chaser2020), and Lanny (xmeister). Everything went great and safe. Look forward to next month.

Top Bottom