Face.... Off

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Or head off?

People have lost their minds, now they're hoping to lose their bodies.

This is something that non-spiritual people would do. I know what comes after this, and it is infinitely, unimaginably better; I welcome it, just let me die, in fact, if I'm vegetablized, kill me. I don't want a fountain of youth, and I damn sure don't want to play face off.
    I'm not sure that they'll ever get it to work, but it won't stop them from trying.

754676867be576dcc3233aa1e3c0c000.gif

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Or head off?

People have lost their minds, now they're hoping to lose their bodies.

This is something that non-spiritual people would do. I know what comes after this, and it is infinitely, unimaginably better; I welcome it, just let me die, in fact, if I'm vegetablized, kill me. I don't want a fountain of youth, and I damn sure don't want to play face off.
    I'm not sure that they'll ever get it to work, but it won't stop them from trying.

754676867be576dcc3233aa1e3c0c000.gif

Trust me when I tell you this will never be reality in our lifetime. I’m assuming the entire video is a spoof, although I only watched like 30 seconds. The spinal cord is severed in the process of removing a head. We are nowhere near being able to successfully reconnect a severed spinal cord.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Trust me when I tell you this will never be reality in our lifetime. I’m assuming the entire video is a spoof, although I only watched like 30 seconds. The spinal cord is severed in the process of removing a head. We are nowhere near being able to successfully reconnect a severed spinal cord.
    maybe your just not a good enough Dr:dogkeke:..... we need a better dr.:doh:

you sir havent been drinking your daily kool-aid have you???? lol

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    It's not a spoof, I thought the same thing at first. The spinal chord is certainly, probably, the biggest hurdle, but with AI development, it's hard to say that it wouldn't be possible in x amount of time.

But, we can't actually cure the diseases that are killing, we can only find ways to extend the lives of the elite by using the lower classes body parts.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It's not a spoof, I thought the same thing at first. The spinal chord is certainly, probably, the biggest hurdle, but with AI development, it's hard to say that it wouldn't be possible in x amount of time.

But, we can't actually cure the diseases that are killing, we can only find ways to extend the lives of the elite by using the lower classes body parts.
    I’ve got a small group of neuro surgeons who will all tell you that it’s just not possible and can’t even begin to be a possibility with anything we know now or have developed to date. AI is not God and will never come close.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I’ve got a small group of neuro surgeons who will all tell you that it’s just not possible and can’t even begin to be a possibility with anything we know now or have developed to date. AI is not God and will never come close.
    That's just it though, it's not about what we know, or what we are capable of. AI may not be god, but it most certainly learns and develops more and much faster than any human is capable of, meaning that it is quite possible that AI can and will solve any problem that is capable of being solved, even problems that we think are not possible to solve.

Maybe it is not possible, at all, but, if it is, it will be done, and it will be done, probably, sooner than any of us think.
    One thing is for certain, there is plenty enough money being poured into this and other projects like it. If there is a way for the rich bastards of the world to live longer, they will find it.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    That's just it though, it's not about what we know, or what we are capable of. AI may not be god, but it most certainly learns and develops more and much faster than any human is capable of, meaning that it is quite possible that AI can and will solve any problem that is capable of being solved, even problems that we think are not possible to solve.

Maybe it is not possible, at all, but, if it is, it will be done, and it will be done, probably, sooner than any of us think.
    One thing is for certain, there is plenty enough money being poured into this and other projects like it. If there is a way for the rich bastards of the world to live longer, they will find it.
    Like cryogenics, there’s a stopping point that won’t be solved. They can freeze a person, even before they are dead. But they cannot be reanimated. You can cut off a head and feasibly keep it pumped full of blood and possibly alive for a while even, but attaching it to another body or even back to the original body will stop at the spinal cord and anything short of Godly creation will be a failure.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Yeah, keep in mind when they made robocop back in the 80s they had to transplant the entire brain and spinal chord. I highly doubt the technology is any better now than then. Although I did hear that transformer vegans tend to be the best subjects to do this kind of surgery on, they are the best with transplants...

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    A friend underwent a heart & double lung transplant last year. She completed a 5k about 8 weeks ago. That was amazing. The odds of her recovering this far was remote. Recovery was brutal, to say the least. That was cutting edge right now. We're not there yet. 20 years, maybe...

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Wait till they figure out how to upload your conscience and download it into a new body or not download it at all and have you live in virtual space.

If thats even possible thats the game changer.

Top Bottom