Fake News

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana

The article talks about a chemical plant in New Jersey. This is obviously a coal fired power plant, not a chemical plant. The land to the left (South) is Kentucky. The land to the Right (North) is Indiana. The Ohio River is in between. The buildings on the hill over looking the plant are the Inn at Clifty Falls State Park. This is the Indiana Kentucky Electric Clifty Creek plant. I spent the summers of my college years working here in the 1980's. There is not much of this plant that I haven't swept. I posted about a month or so ago about police running radar at the bottom of a 400 foot change in elevation. It happened just east of this plant. Needless to say it has NOTHING to do with a chemical plant in Toms River New Jersey. Is this considered journalism these days?

Last edited:

pdmay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    My dad was an erector for Babcock & Wilcox during construction of the Clifty Creek plant in 1955/1956. I was a small child at the time, and we lived in Hanover, IN, for the 2 years he was on that site.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    My dad was an erector for Babcock & Wilcox during construction of the Clifty Creek plant in 1955/1956. I was a small child at the time, and we lived in Hanover, IN, for the 2 years he was on that site.
    I went to school in Hanover. Actually, I'm a kindergarten dropout. I didn't finish kindergarten because the '74 tornado destroyed Southwestern School. My parents started out in a trailer park in Hanover that is now part of Hanover College.

Top Bottom