FAL Q & A or FAQ's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Get a metric (cheapest mags)
    I've never paid more than 12-15 dollars for metric mags

MyTFAL, I have friends that say they never paid more than $4.00/metric mag, BUT I am afraid that is a thing of the pass :(

BUT if you can still get metric mags for $12-$15 each PLEASE let me know where! I would gladly pick up another 20 or so for that price!!

FALFILES, Gunbroker, Gunsamerica and EVERY where/body that sells them or getting from $17 to $25 each! Point me in the right direction PLEASE!! ;)

KT

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Here's a nice rifle for a fair price, I personally think the STG's are one of the nicest looking for the light barrel rifles. If this goof would have not cut the barrel on this one it would even be a better deal. Still not bad considering this price is shipped!
    $20 to your FFL and you have a fine rifle for under a grand!

STG 58 FOR SALE!

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    picture.php

Here ya go kajun. They got em'. Look like "light" barrel kits. Not Israeli though. These are the only kits I see on the site.
    Al

Last edited:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Thanks GIJeaux, like you said this is it NOT Izzy kits. These are the Sarco Argentina kits I have been hearing about. Some are complete kits with matching numbers and some are non-matching numbers, from what I have heard it's just the luck of the draw what you end up with! If you are lucky and get a matching number kit you found a GREAT DEAL!

kd5hlx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Gray, La.
    I could view it either , damn company network won't let me look at my toys anymore.
    I see that is an Argentine they have now. But it if I am not mistaken they had some Israeli's (never issued supposedly) about 6 months ago.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville

MYTFAL, no disrespect intended at all, BUT If I knew someone in the market looking to purchase their FIRST FAL, I would not recommend either of these rifles, IT looks like the BUTTHOLE stock rifle is a L1A1 or other variation of an inch rifle, and the other is missing a bho/mag release axis pin. Just not what I would think as a very good starter rifle, if they were to have any problems at all......this would certainly be a major turnoff!

Just MHO!

KT

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    MYTFAL, no disrespect intended at all, BUT If I knew someone in the market looking to purchase their FIRST FAL, I would not recommend either of these rifles, IT looks like the BUTTHOLE stock rifle is a L1A1 or other variation of an inch rifle, and the other is missing a bho/mag release axis pin. Just not what I would think as a very good starter rifle, if they were to have any problems at all......this would certainly be a major turnoff!

Just MHO!

KT

No worries, but if ya only got 650.00 in's ya pocket it would be okay, the L1A1 kits on Imbel rec are easy to work on. Lets look at it this way, it's a 450.00 receiver and a 200.00 kit that comes with all of its 922r parts. Who wouldn't buy a 200 kit that comes with all US parts? There even gonna throw in free assembly! Be it as it may:D.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Three types of FAL upper receivers: Starting at the top is a Type II upper receiver.
    The middle is a type III receiver, and lastly the bottom is a type I receiver.
    As far as I know (talking metric only) there are only two type lowers, that is a type I and a type II. It is hard to distinguish between the two from pics unless you really have a good pic at the correct angle, IN the pic here the Top Rifle is a type II upper and lower as the Bottom is a type I upper and lower, the middle on again is a type III upper BUT hard to tell about the lower.

I will try and explain the difference: If you will notice the type II has the second lightening cut on the very rear lower section of the upper receiver looks like only a very small portion of a circle.
    The type I upper has one continuous lightening cut that carries all the way back to the lower receiver.
    The type III has NO lightening cuts.

OK On the type I lower the lightening cut has a 90 cut
    The type II lower has a radius cut in the lower receiver to match the radius of the upper lightening cut.

Hope this helps without too much confusion!

1674bac.jpg

KT

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I can definitely see the difference in the upper receivers, but can't figure out what you're talking about with the lowers. Maybe I'm just blind.

I have been trying to figure out the same about the lowers, it took me a while to figure out the upper until I read the "looks like a circle part" :mamoru::mamoru:, sounds pretty interesting though specially since so many countries had their "own" version it would be extremely hard to find one that is pure but then again I guess you could take the best of each version and have the ultimate bushwacker.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I can definitely see the difference in the upper receivers, but can't figure out what you're talking about with the lowers. Maybe I'm just blind.

I love learning about things that interest me!

Sin check out this pic.....if you notice the rear lightening cut in the type II lower, IT has a radius cut to match the radius cut in the type II upper.
    On a type I lower this cut is a 90degree cut instead of the radius cut which matches the type I upper. I will take a pic of a type I lower I have on the same angle to show if you still don't understand I "PERFECT EXPLAINATION!":mamoru::mamoru:
    Easy to understand once you know, hard as hell to explain with out showing FTF!

oadic6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom