FAL Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FALfan

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Jackson,La
    Check out falfiles.com as they have tons of valuable info on the FAL. They also have a marketplace that will have rifles for sale. You will have to sign up to view the marketplace though. DSA does build high quality stuff but you will have to wait a while for it. They are backed up as all other firearms companies. That rifle appears to be a kit build on a Century receiver using a STG 58 parts kit with a shortened barrel. The price is average these days. I advise to look around first and get familiar with what is out there and what you want before you decide. I have been around them for a little while and have a limited knowledge of them and can help with info if needed.

fnfal308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    It has an Imbel receiver - good.

STG kit - you don't know that and he ACTS like he is not sure? STG kit is metric.

It was built by Century - may be bad. I would only buy this gun in person with "field no go", "go" , AND "no go" gauges in hand . I would inspect the barrel closely for pitting.

Since he says it has an inch cocking handle? on a metric kit? coulda been changed out, but....

16" barrel? Was it cut down?

el cheapo cover sounds like.

Pass on it. Look on falfiles or get a DSA. If it was in my hands and everything checked out I MIGHT give $700. Century sucks. It prolly has a **** poor HTS also.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    "Made by Imbel, I believe."
    Uh, no. If made by Imbel, it has "Imbel" and "Brazil" clearly stamped on it.
    That is probably a L1A1 (inch?) (Australian?) kit on a cheap Century receiver.
    STGs are metric, German, Imbel is metric, Brazilian, both very good.
    He sounds like he doesn't know what he has.
    Steer clear of that one. As stated before, Century did some things OK, and some things terribly. The either made mediocre guns or terrible guns, IMHO.
    Get a DSA or PTR if you aren't intent on getting a FAL type.

Last edited:

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    83654033cq3.jpg

FAL :D 18" DSA STG58 (pre boating accident)

I would just put one on order with Doug King @ http://www.usmadefal.com/ and wait for it to come it, he used to keep the STG's in stock before the election.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom