FAL Receiver Tid Bits!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    OK there has been some UNEDUCATED comments made about FAL receivers in the past couple weeks. Some in the FOR SALE ads some in general forums, some of these comments could have cost the sellers a few dollars just due to the fact someone didn't really know the true facts! Just to help ANYONE the best way I know how, here are the pics! (I know some of us MUST have pics to understand) :mamoru:

Anyway here is a FAL metric receiver that was PRODUCED/MANUFACTURED by IMBEL in BRAZIL and IMPORTED BY CENTURY this is a very good very reliable receiver!

FAL-2.jpg

Next is a CENTURY Arms produced receiver manufactured here in the USA! Note the two markings/stamps on the two receivers they "LOOK" much alike and contain the same info. as far as R1A1 SPORTER .308, these two are NOT the same!

MVC-004F-2.jpg

Now let me add this, although Century made receivers are highly shyed away from in the FAL community and rightly so ESPECIALLY for those that are new to the FAL rifle, and ALSO for many very knowledgeable builders just because of the problems that MANY of the receivers are known for. Very rarely you will find one of these receivers that will run like a spotted ape and have ZERO problems at all! IT IS A RISK YOU TAKE......MOST of these Century USA made receivers are NO MORE THAN PAPER WEIGHTS!
    Again some may agree with me here some may not, this is my experience and the knowledge that I have gained, PLEASE form your own opinion from research and reading, not some happy fingered FAL-AHOLIC like myself.

Honestly I hope this shines a little light on the subject!

KT

Last edited:

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I'm going to have to disagree with KT, I would say the vast Majority of the R1A1 Century USA made rec's are fine. I'll take all of them paperweights :eek3:.....while they aren't Imbel or DSA quality, I haven't found one yet, I couldn't make run properly, not bragging just saying MOST require a few tweaks and thats all. Maybe a 1 hr job. Even the Century built rifles that are way suspect take a few hours in the right hands then 99 percent are just fine. The only century receivers I would absolutely say run away from are the infamous uni-brow's.The ones with out the widows peak, Bi-furicated feed ramp, and even those will run just takes a lot more tweaking then I care to give. If any member here has issues with a Century FAL not running properly send me a PM, if you can work around my schedule we'll get you fixed up quick!

.......................Disclaimer.....................while most of these rifles can be made to run properly there will always be basket cases that are better suited as clubs.In this case I reserve the right to give up,.... roll over **** myself, take my football and go home.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom