Favorite handgun to shoot and why?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    In the tradition of Vic Mackey and Sonny Crockett, my 3rd gen. Smith & Wesson 4506, 45 ACP.

Attachments

• SW 4506 3rd Gen.jpg
      SW 4506 3rd Gen.jpg
      71.5 KB · Views: 47
    Last edited:

tadsstuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I’ve got a Clark Custom Series 70 Colt M1911 Hardball gun in .45 ACP that remains my very favorite, though I rarely shoot it these days. Extremely accurate and reliable.

Old Bubba

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    BRLA
    I know it's going to sound cliche but it's the one I'm shooting at that time. Each firearm has it's on special little niche it just fits better than the next brand or model. I'm just a gigolo! I love all the ladies!

Vanguard.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    SIG P320 Compact.

Handy weapon. Shoots well. Practical. Easy to carry. Seems well designed as a real world weapon. Appreciate it and enjoy it for that.

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    My HK P7 M8, the most accurate 9mm ever made. Plus if you run out of ammo you can beat the hell out of them with it because it’s so solid!

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    6dbc1f0f8d4a40cad0cf142bf517e4b7.jpg

Mine is the 2011 I built myself. Purchased a Brazos frame, Brazos slide and Cheely grip then spent days filing, stoning and fitting it all together followed by 500ish rounds to make it all work right. Was a very time consuming but rewarding process and none of the other guns are as much fun now.
    I'm not a big fan of 2011's, but the fact you built it is so cool! I DO like yours, it's pretty sweet looking.

Judg3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2023
    Mandeville
    Springfield XD .45 sub compact mod 2. Uses a double stack 13-round mag, has a comfortable weight to it, and a nice grip. Really good retail price point for what you get.

MSST8DOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Ok guys, what's your favorite handgun to shoot and why? I mean like my 357 because I love the recoil and it's accurate as hell! Beside its my first gun I ever purchased.
    All 3 of these guns are a blast to shoot, but for different reasons. Left to right. TX22, Ruger 357 (favorite) and my RIA 1911.

So let's hear about yours? And Go!
    A loaded one. Seriously, any pistol that is loaded is the one I like to shoot.
    Reason: the ONLY reason I shoot a pistol is in self defense, or practice for the unlikely event that I would need to defend myself.
    That being said, I have several, they all are equal in my eyes for different reasons. I have a .40 that packs a punch and hold 7+1, 9mm with slightly less punch but holds 14+1, and a .22 WMR that has even less punch but holds 30+1.
    I practice with all and am proficient enough that I'm confident of positive results with all.

Practice, practice, practice!
    If you are short of funds, but a laser training cartridge for your pistol and fire with that in order to build muscle memory.
    A well placed .22 is more effective than a poorly placed .45.

Practice as much as you can and enjoy.

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    My Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor .45acp, hands down. Between the balance, comfortable grip in my hand, and accuracy, it beats all other pistols in my possession. Nothing quite like a 1911 when it comes to pistols, IMO

Greg7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2024
    Hammond, LA
    My first handgun was a Ruger 357 mag with a 4” barrel. It was pretty accurate if you shot slowly but wild if you shot fast. Even a double tap made holes an inch or so apart ( this was back in 1974). These days I’m shooting an H & K P30 in 40 S&W. Still have a 4” barrel but accuracy is much better, even with speed drills. This is my favorite weapon. Easy to carry (I carry open) and easy to shoot. And I’m a fan of the holes it leaves in things, especially a nice big watermelon ( no hole, just a big red mist ). Unfortunately I’m an old fart now and can not throw a box of shells down range without my shoulder crying about it the next day. I hate getting old.

HLM

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jun 15, 2021
    Hammond la
    My Hungarian hi power. It seems to fit my hand well. 9mm is cheap and I enjoy the sights. Also any of the glocks that I have 3d printed. Something about building your own gun makes it more fun to shoot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom