FB scams

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Right now I have two scammers messaging me. One is theoretically a girl from Tokyo trying to make friends with me (we do have FB friends in common but she doesn't seem to really know them). She keeps angling towards some kind of bitcoin scam. Not sure where it's going yet.

The other is a fake profile for someone I know in the real world. This one is rushing me to apply for the community development block grant through a friend of his.

Right now I'm just wasting their time, keeping them from targeting someone else.

Any better suggestions?

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Pretty common. Imply to Tokyo girl that you work for the gov't and see if she tries to recruit you.

The grant scam is widespread when they take over unused accounts and try to get friends to provide PII.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    Right now I have two scammers messaging me. One is theoretically a girl from Tokyo trying to make friends with me (we do have FB friends in common but she doesn't seem to really know them). She keeps angling towards some kind of bitcoin scam. Not sure where it's going yet.

The other is a fake profile for someone I know in the real world. This one is rushing me to apply for the community development block grant through a friend of his.

Right now I'm just wasting their time, keeping them from targeting someone else.

Any better suggestions?
    Tell them you're actually a Prince from Nigeria, and you have inherited millions of $$ that you will share with them. All they have to do is give you their bank account # and routing numbers.

Last edited:

shootforfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2023
    Slidell

Any better suggestions?
    I am active on fb due to my real estate investments and I can say that most fb sites are full of bs scammers... It't a complete joke and many time the site admin is part of the issue as they are scammers too... You can't win with them as they have multi profiles and are nothing but scum bad thieves

shootforfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2023
    Slidell
    I am active on fb due to my real estate investments and I can say that most fb sites are full of bs scammers... It't a complete joke and many time the site admin is part of the issue as they are scammers too... You can't win with them as they have multi profiles and are nothing but scum bad thieves
    Hey sorry just reading this. I have fun by letting them think I their next sucker. I offer fake ss numbers names and address. It's all good with them until you pressure them for a phone number and enjoy the bs that comes along with their excuses.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Lately, I've started replying with random dick pics acquired from Google.
    Had a random # message me on Easter "Happy Easter", I sent them a pic of a guy with his balls painted like Easter eggs and said "Happy Easter, I've got some eggs for you to hunt". I typically don't get follow up messages.
    Search Valentine's day balls meme. :dogkeke:

shootforfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2023
    Slidell
    Lately, I've started replying with random dick pics acquired from Google.
    Had a random # message me on Easter "Happy Easter", I sent them a pic of a guy with his balls painted like Easter eggs and said "Happy Easter, I've got some eggs for you to hunt". I typically don't get follow up messages.
    funny keep up the good work

Scrape

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2024
    French Settlement
    Several years ago a guy I know who is very wealthy from his business of dealing in high end boats, was approached by a Nigerian scammer.
    Said he’d buy a 200k plus boat from Randy. It would involve a check from a business for far more than the cost of the boat, by like 300k. Randy was to deposit the check, take out what the boat was selling for and send the balance to the Nigerian.

All the time Randy was posting the back and forth correspondence amongst several of us as thing’s progressed.

Knowing it was a scam, Randy told the guy the check had cleared, the boat made ready to ship overseas, with a bogus shipping bill of laden, etc….

The Nigerian was excited to get the balance in cash sent to him. Randy worked the guy, laid out nearly 300k in cash at his place of business and sent the Nigerian a picture of the stacks of bills. Told the nigerian that Randy needed to teach him how to operate the boat, had a round trip bogus plane fare to the guy to fly fry into Miami. Said he would rather deal in cash due to taxes, etc.. and how it would help the Nigerian keep more cash in his pocket by foregoing all the tax laws.

The dude fell for it and arrived in Miami to be greeted by the feds. They cuffed him and the guy actually spent prison time.

It was very entertaing following the daily interactions as Randy had posted each day the progress

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I've kept them on the phone for up to a bit over an hour before they catch on that I'm wasting their time. Some (most) get extremely upset and vulgar. Like stated above, every minute they are messing with me is time they are not scamming some old(er) person out of their life savings.
    [I'm old and have been retired since 2002 and don't get out much!]

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Right now, I am going back and forth with a scammer who claims to be with the Federal government. He wants a "processing fee of $50 in the form of a iTunes GC in order to release 1.5 million to me.
    I told him that I need to visit the Federal building Downtown first and keep giving him excuses as to why I haven't been there yet.
    For a few years, I set up a couple of fake profiles on Louisiana Sportsman and messed with the scammers who were conning people into sending advantage payments. I did a variety of things. Told them I was out of town and and my Wife would handle it and would keep making excuses for her not doing it, then telling them that she sent the funds and later apologized that she meant it will get done next week. It would begin to end with a back and forth saying things like "Are you calling my Wife a lier?"
    Once I even told a scammer that I came back early from the business trip to find my Wife in bed with another man and I had to pull my SRT stilleto to stick through the back of his neck because I did want my neighbor to hear gunfire. I then told him that I forgave my Wife in exchange for secrecy, but needed the money for the gun to bribe the Corener to get rid of the body and that I'd need more time to get the money.
    It's amazing how some of those scammers will desperately hold on to the hope of you sending money that they will entertain crackpot stories.

Attachments

• 17196850905425085811952602993734.jpg
      17196850905425085811952602993734.jpg
      325.4 KB · Views: 17
    • 20240629_134433.jpg
      20240629_134433.jpg
      426.9 KB · Views: 18
    Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I've kept them on the phone for up to a bit over an hour before they catch on that I'm wasting their time. Some (most) get extremely upset and vulgar. Like stated above, every minute they are messing with me is time they are not scamming some old(er) person out of their life savings.
    [I'm old and have been retired since 2002 and don't get out much!]
    I kept a burner phone for a time to mess with the ones who listed a text number. One of them actually called and asked to speak to Tony Stark(the fake name I used for a fake yahoo account.) It was 3 of them with the phone on speaker, and one of them started reading scripted phrases in English like "Go f$$k yourself" and "I slept with your Wife."
    I busted out laughing at how dumb they sounded saying that stuff with the East Indian accent. They got mad and demanded to know "What was funny about that?" They got even more angry when I told them that they sounded like that dork from "That 70's Show" and made me laugh even more as they frantically cursed me out again with a faster tune.

Top Bottom