Feature request: Reply to PM from email notification

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    While I appreciate that I can read the PM inside of the email notification, one thing that would make my daily life easier is if I could just reply to the PM by hitting reply on the email notification. Our companies Basecamp notification system works this way.

The reason this would be easier is because 99% of the PMs I get come through on my iPhone through my email. As Spanky knows, sometimes I am so scatterbrained that I just hit reply like it was any other email and start typing away. If I am saying something bad about Spanky, well guess what, I just delivered that straight to his inbox. Instead what I have to do is go to my Safari app, go to bayoushooter.com, click the little bitty notification window, click the little bitty private message notification thing, then click the private message itself, then finally I can start typing away.

Anyway, I know everyone is busy and going crazy right now with oil but I wanted to throw this out there while I was sitting here thinking about it.

spanky

Gold Member
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Seriously I'll look into it.

I remember looking at it before and it was fairly complex but there may be other easier ways now.

Top Bottom